Issue with Easy Install

davidmedina

I just upgraded from the Starter Collection to the Bible Study Collection. Ran the Easy Install and everything ran fin except that in the bottom window of the Easy Install tells me that the instalation for the Bible Study Collection was incomplete. It says that the missing item is the Cross Reference. I click on download and it downloads the Cross reference fine but when I click to install the new item it tells me that "A module with the name cross reference has aready been added." When I click OK it goes back to the Incomplete message.

I am running on a MAC Pro with Lion 10.7.5. Accordance 10.3.1.

Any suggestions?

Hi David,

first, check whether cross-reference has been installed...

so go to the library and type "cross" in the library search bar and you should see it listed (or not).

if it's there, double click on it to see if it opens.

If it does, you can safely ignore the easy install message.

if it doesn't, then remove cross-references from the library (I usually do this by right clicking (or ctrl-clicking) on the item, and in the contextual menu that drops down select "remove item".

Then run easy install again, and see if that then installs the cross-references.

If not, you will need to remove it from the library and the modules folder on your mac (which is a little more involved). If you need help, just ask again.

Thanks Ken.

I do not think is there. I believe I suppose to have two cross references: The ESV Cross reference and another one called just Cross Reference.

The ESV Cross Reference is there but not the Cross Reference.

I went into Application Support>Accordance>Module>tools and Cross Reference is there. But it does no show in Accordance at all. I deleted it and reinstalled and told me exactly the same thing. Almost feel like it may be abug because it does install it but do not registers in the actual app as installed.

Ok. I finally got it., I think the problem may have been that I hd a folder names Cross References and the Easy Installer was seeing it as if the actual cross reference was installed.

What I did was change the name of the folder and double click on the actual Cross Reference Module inside the Application Support, Accordance Validated it and opened. Now It is there.

Well done! A troubleshooter extraordinaire!

Glad it is now working David

:)