I tried to repro. the crash yesterday and failed. I was able to select more than the limit of 500 verses in a bible text and cut and paste to another program. I tried a tool (ZIBBCNT) and that worked fine too. I'm not sure what's different in your case. I'm on win7 SP1 x64 also.
Hi Daniel, I just tried in ESVS and it succeeded. I just tried in BECNT again but in just a one-tool workspace (my original bug report is in a fairly complex workspace), and it stopped responding and then crashed, so that at least isolates one crash from a complex workspace. It could be particular to the BECNT, it could be particular to the content of the BECNT, etc., I have no idea.
Thanks for the feedback!