More Journals

John Allard

I was wondering if there were any plans in the works to put out journal library number 7 and what journals that would include (i.e. name and publication years). How often does Accordance plan to update searchable journals? Have you guys ever consider the Journals of Biblical Counseling from CCEF? Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

Another vote for more updating the Journals to 2003 and 2004 for the titles already included.

Thanks,

Rich

PS Thank you for the journals you already have! It makes researching paper and thesis topics much easier!!

I would also be in favor of having the newest Journals added to the Accordance collection. Galaxie has already made these available in Libronix format for IBM. Put me down for the update. ;)

We have a problem with Galaxie's publishing model. They want to release a new CD each year for $50 a pop until volume 10 which will be actually 6-10 and sell for $100 like volume 1-5. Windows users may put up with that, but will you?

We just cannot devote the resources each year to the major conversion that we do to make the modules for Accordance. We did release volume 6 but we may decide to wait for 6-10 and release all the new ones then. I know some of you do not want to wait, but despite greatly expanding our development team, they are still maxed out with all the goodies currently in our pipeline.

Thanks for sharing some of the issues. As mentioned in a previous post, I do understand blancing resource constraints and licensing costs, making a living, etc. I appreciate you offering us a quality product and being concerned with our satisfaction also! :D

The only thing, I would add about the journals is that if I knew they were coming on a regular schedule, say every two or three years, then I could plan accordingly

So, I would offer that if we as a community knew that every 2 or 3 years a Journal collection update was coming, I think we would be happy! Anything out longer than 3 years seems too long. Thoughts?

Thanks for helping us out! I love having the journals on Accrodance. Soooo much easier than thumbing through indexes at the library or trying to find which library database to go to! Keep up the great work. Thank you again.

Blessings,

Rich

PS Of course, I would like to have all the 2005 journals on Jan 5, 2006 [allowing 3 days for shipping] ;)

We have a problem with Galaxie's publishing model. They want to release a new CD each year for $50 a pop until volume 10 which will be actually 6-10 and sell for $100 like volume 1-5. Windows users may put up with that, but will you?

We just cannot devote the resources each year to the major conversion that we do to make the modules for Accordance. We did release volume 6 but we may decide to wait for 6-10 and release all the new ones then. I know some of you do not want to wait, but despite greatly expanding our development team, they are still maxed out with all the goodies currently in our pipeline.

Very much understandable, thank you for the explanation. I am greatly looking forward to the 6-10 cd and appreciate the decision.

• 1 year later...

After searching the forum I didn't see any module requests for the Journal of Biblical Literature. I'd like to see that available for Accordance. Any plans in the works or others who will second it?

Yes, we are working on it, but it is a massive project and will take many moons.

Second on JBL.

What about the Journal of Biblical Counselling?

It is already in electronic format, but I would really love to see it available within Accordance.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Is there an update on the possibility of having the CCEF Journal of Biblical Counseling Accordance module?

• 1 year later...

One more vote for CCEF Journal of Biblical Counseling as a future Accordance module!

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...