έκ δεξιῶν and its friends

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I noticed this form in reading Luke the other night. Its peculiar because its about location and uses the genitive and its talking about a singular entity (the man crucified on His right) but its in the plural. This appears and apparently is idiomatic. So I wanted to find all such cases and that's easy enough. The question then arose as to where δεξιος in any form might occur and then in connection with what. Again not especially difficult to do a construct or a * <FOLLOWED BY> <WITHIN 1 WORDS> .... etc. Now analysis shows me the following :

Total number of verses = 53
(total number of verses displayed = 53)

[link Greek Construct] (53 total words)

ἐκ (+gen) of, out of, from = 22
(no Gender) = 22
Genitive = 22
(no Number) = 22
ἐν (+dat) in, with, by, to = 8
(no Gender) = 8
Dative = 8
(no Number) = 8
ὁ the, who, which = 23
Masculine = 2
Nominative = 1
Singular = 1
Accusative = 1
Singular = 1
Feminine = 17
Nominative = 3
Singular = 3
Genitive = 5
Singular = 4
Plural = 1
Dative = 5
Singular = 5
Accusative = 4
Singular = 4
Neuter = 4
Dative = 1
Plural = 1
Accusative = 3
Singular = 2
Plural = 1

---------------

δεξιός right, right hand = 53
Masculine = 2
Nominative = 1
Singular = 1
Accusative = 1
Singular = 1
Feminine = 25
Nominative = 3
Singular = 3
Genitive = 5
Singular = 4
Plural = 1
Dative = 13
Singular = 13
Accusative = 4
Singular = 4
Neuter = 26
Genitive = 22
Plural = 22
Dative = 1
Plural = 1
Accusative = 3
Singular = 2
Plural = 1

This is fine but how do I know which matches with what ? I know all the ἐκ are coupled with gen. plural, but that's from a different search looking expressly for that form. Take εν for example. 8 and one would expect the δεξιος form to be dative. But in the δεξιος forms I see 14 datives. Given that I know all the ἐκ's take gen. pl. I can guess the remaining 6 are from the third group and that they are most likely coupled with the 5 fem and 1 neuter dative.

So finally after that introduction then here's the question : is there any way I can see totals for each combination of * and δεξιος that was found summed by word, gender, case, number ? Even a simple count of the combinations of unique hits would be helpful, perhaps even enough.

Thx

D

The short answer is no, you would need to search for each combination of interest.

Thanx for confirming Helen. Might be nice for the future, though I would expect it to be some work.

Thx

D