ZEB errors

Alistair

I'm finding some strange things in the ZEB.

e.g.

Rehoboth ri-hoh´both (twøbOj√r H8151, “broad places”). (1) A well dug by ISAAC after his troubles with ABIMELECH and the herdsmen of GERAR (Gen. 26:22, where the translates the name as Eurychoœria, “open space, room”).

It looks like a word has been missed out where it says "where the translates the name as Eurychoœria".

I'm guessing it should read "where the LXX translates the name as Eurychoœria"

Also

Rehum ree´huhm (M…wj√r H8156, possibly “[God has been] compassionate”). (1) An Israelite mentioned among leading individuals who returned from Babylon with ZERUBBABEL (Ezra 2:2; 1 Esd. 5:8 [, “Roimus”]; called NEHUM in Neh. 7:7).

Where it says [, “Roimus”] it looks like a word is missing before the comma.

Is this a font issue maybe? Only I found the same errors on iOS as well as on the Mac.

Thanks

With Accordance 9.5.3 and up you can report a correction from the program by highlighting some text in the module with the error, and going to the Help or the right-click menu. This is the best way to get the corrections noted and filed where they will be acted on for the next release of the module.

I considered that until I found the second error—it seemed to be a more complicated issue than a simple one-off error, hence my reporting it here.

Thanks!

I'm finding some strange things in the ZEB.

e.g.

Rehoboth ri-hoh´both (twøbOj√r H8151, “broad places”). (1) A well dug by ISAAC after his troubles with ABIMELECH and the herdsmen of GERAR (Gen. 26:22, where the translates the name as Eurychoœria, “open space, room”).

It looks like a word has been missed out where it says "where the translates the name as Eurychoœria".

I'm guessing it should read "where the LXX translates the name as Eurychoœria"

Also

Rehum ree´huhm (M…wj√r H8156, possibly “[God has been] compassionate”). (1) An Israelite mentioned among leading individuals who returned from Babylon with ZERUBBABEL (Ezra 2:2; 1 Esd. 5:8 [, “Roimus”]; called NEHUM in Neh. 7:7).

Where it says [, “Roimus”] it looks like a word is missing before the comma.

Is this a font issue maybe? Only I found the same errors on iOS as well as on the Mac.

Thanks

While I can not be sure, since the predecessor ZPEB says this I would hesitate to guess that it is the word "reads" missing. This dose seem to point to a unfortunate pattern, and reminds me of many years back finding numerous missing words and sentence fragments in the NJB, my best guess is something may be wrong in the text given Accordance, I am sure they will correct it as soon as they can...

REHUM re¿ h´m (r√j∞w…M or r√jUäM; LXX ÔReo/um, meaning merciful). 1. The name of one of the leaders in the return from the Exile with Zerubbabel recorded in Ezra 2:2 (1 Esdras 5:8 reads ROIMUS). The parallel passage in Nehemiah 7:7 reads NEHUM, which appears to be a transcriptional error.

Tenney, Merrill C. and Steven Barabas, eds. The Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible. Accordance electronic edition, version 1.3. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1976.