Modern Theological Works

Fr. Rich

Works by Stanley Hauerwas, Walter Brueggemann, and/or Will Wilimon would be nice to have in Accordance.

• Like 1

I would add Joseph Ratzinger, Avery Dulles, Han Urs von Balthasar, and John P Meier to the list

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

Raymond Brown?

Yes!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

How about Raymond Brown's two-volume Death of the Messiah in time for Ash Wednesday and Lent? :)

How about Raymond Brown's two-volume Death of the Messiah in time for Ash Wednesday and Lent? :)

That would be wonderful! :P

• Like 1

The typical time it takes to get a title licensed and published in Accordance is closer to 2 years than 2 months, so please don't hold your breaths

• Like 1

The typical time it takes to get a title licensed and published in Accordance is closer to 2 years than 2 months, so please don't hold your breaths

Well, strictly speaking, he didn't specify which Ash Wednesday and Lent.

That's true. I'd be satisfied with Raymond Brown for Lent 2017.

Guys, you made my day! :-)))))

Pardon my curiosity: Why do you prefer e-books in Accordance format rather than in Kindle or some other e-format?

I usually buy books in the Kindle format, and theological commentaries (which can scroll along the biblical text) in Accordance format.

I find Kindle books more difficult to search through, and hyperlinked Scripture references in Accordance tools are a time-saver to me. (To name just one/two reasons.)

Kindle are very variable. They are fine if they have a good index but just so many dont. for example i bought a few volumes of the nivac (as you cant buy them singly at a certain store) and three of the gospels didnt have an index and although they have been updated, mine havent so if you buy now they have been standardized. Betjemens british churches just have links to the county but not the individual churches. I bought the N T Wright book on paul from accordance because of all the scripture links rather than the kindle version. But i do prefer kindle to ibooks.

;o)

Plus i put in bookmarks and when the app was upgraded i lost all my bookmarks.

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks for explanation! Ok, now I see some benefits of having books in Accordance. The biggest drawback about Kindle for me is their imposed copying limitations. If I highlight book too much (and I do!), they don't allow me to copy text. (What highlighting has to do with the text copying?!) And Kindle for Mac doesn't allow to copy text at all. That really angers me... From this point of view Accordance version is way better.

Edited by Guntis
  • Like 1

I have an extensive collection of sci-fi and other fiction on my Kindle (iPhone and Mac), but few scholarly tomes.