Copying Interlinear Text

sfarson

I have the ESV With Strong's in a window, with Greek interlinear below the English test. I'm a first year Greek student and would like to be able to copy a passage, with the Greek interlinear text. It appears I can only highlight/copy the English ESV test. I've tried "Copy As"; I've searched through the documentation, help files, etc. My plan was to highlight/copy a chapter or passage with interlinear, paste it into Word, print it out and take it some place where I can study it quietly. Is there a way to copy or print a passage with the ESV and the interlinear?

Thanks, Steve

Currently your only option is to take screenshots. However, you can select the ESVS text and amplify to Parsing where you will get some of the details in vertical column form. You can use Set Parsing Display to customize the details.

Hey Helen, could you open a Greek Bible in parallel and then copy from the parallel Greek Bible?

Yes, but you just get the words. If you want the underlying information, select text and get Parsing.

Hi Steve,

How much of the interlinear data do you want ? Are you just using the English and Greek or are you also wanting the morphological info and such ?

If you are just wanting the Greek and English text then perhaps you could use a parallel text and c & p what you need and format for interleaved text. Obviously it won't work if you want the morph.

Just a thought.

Thx

D

Yes, I want the morph. I know I can take advantage of the powerful capabilities available when in front of a computer screen, but just as an option to have a morphed passage on paper in my hands, to walk away with and immerse myself in study, nice to have. Not a big deal. Just thought I would ask. Thanks though!

Steve

As a suggestion, this could be implemented by just printing the page. If you have Logos you can do it See here. If you do not, then I think by doing a screen capture and then printing it should do it too. See it here. Not as convenient but it will do the job.

Hope that helps.

Edited by davidmedina