Syncing workspaces

tcal1973

I have no idea how to sync so that both of my macs can access the same workspaces. I can sync notes etc through dropbox. I'm not very technical, and the only discussion about this I can find was incomprehensible to me - can anyone tell me very simply what I should be doing?

Tim

I don't know is the sync with mobile devices feature (not the Dropbox sync) works between computers. I don't think accordance does that unless you manually copy the workspace file to the other computer. That would be good to know.

You can save your workspaces anywhere in Dropbox and access them through any machine running both Dropbox and Accordance.

One caveat: highlighting and atlas customizations don't transfer over this way. (The official Dropbox syncing does some of that, I believe, at least between Mac and iOS. I think Mac to Mac syncing was added later, but I don't remember for certain)

Also, this doesn't add the workspaces to "favorite workspaces," unless the Accordance supported Dropbox syncing does this.

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover

The Dropbox folder functions in most respects like any other folder on your Mac. So, from Accordance, choose File>Open and then navigate to their location in Dropbox.

For example, I have A folder Structure for the lectionary (series of weekly readings) I use, with separate folders for each Sunday. I save a variety of documents in each folder, including a workspace. So to access my workspace for tomorrow's service, I would navigate to Dropbox>Narrative Lectionary>Year 4>11-10-2013, and open the workspace in that folder.

Does that make sense?

In other words, you don't have to save workspaces to User/Accordance Files/Workspaces. You can save them in any folder on your Mac, or in Dropbox that you chose.