Searching Biblical Characters

JoshPannell

Recently Logos came out with a feature where the user may search a specific biblical character. The results this search compiles includes references, pronouns, and other titles. For example, If I do I search for "Mary the mother of Jesus" then results such as "his mother" or "born of a woman" or "her" or "them" when in reference to Mary. This would help when doing research on a specific character.

Thanks for all your work!

Such is a search is facilitated by their tagging schema in identifying the referent of the pronoun.

• Like 1

We have no current plans to tag Accordance modules in this way.. It's a massive project, and we have other priorities.

• Like 1

...such as the first ever sentence diagram version of the Septuagint! :)

(A guy can dream....)

Meh . . . sentence diagrams are static. You should be able to diagram anyways if you can read Greek.

Now, if we had a syntactically tagged LXX with reference to a constituent mapping of the BHS Syntax — now we could really be able to have some fun with Translation Technique!

Edited by James Tucker

Of course they're static--they're diagrams. You should be able to know what words mean, too, and how they are used elsewhere, if you read Greek, but you still like to have lexicons.

We have no current plans to tag Accordance modules in this way.. It's a massive project, and we have other priorities.

Perhaps having a single staff member spend 15 minutes a day reading the Bible and making those decisions. I'm sure you could be done quickly with that.

Also, it seems to be a priority to both your customers and the competitor.

Just some thoughts.

Hey Josh,

We appreciate the feedback, and we definitely want to hear about the features that our customers care about. The challenge is that we always receive far more feature requests than we can handle at any given moment, so we do our best to prioritize time and resources. At the moment, our entire development team is actively working on other projects (some of which have been requested by users on these forums), but please continue to share your thoughts and ideas with us. While we may not be able to implement every request on the forums, the developers do take community feedback into consideration as they make future plans.

Thanks again for your feedback, and for your desire to see Accordance become an even better Bible study tool.

Thank you for your kind response. Perhaps it is just how I read them, but Helen's responses can often seem short, unprofessional, and unsympithetic towards the needs posted in these forms.

I am excited to see what Accordance is working on next! I love my Accordance 10. I am also dedicated to doing whatever I can to help make the product better.

Thanks for your time.