greek search from ESVS

Anthony Sepulveda

From the ESVS, the key+triple click combinations only show either a dictionary (searching the ESVS english term), or the KM Hebrew or Mounce Greek dictionaries, using the word's key number. Is there a way for me to directly consult BDAG / HALOT from the word that ESV used for translation?

it's pretty late in my neck of the woods, so there may be an easier way, but here are my two suggestions (as I think the short answer is no):

1. have a tagged Greek/Hebrew text open in parallel (or a combined text - much easier!) and hover over your English word, have a look at which original text word is highlighted (check in instant details they're the same) and simply triple click on the Greek/Hebrew word.

2. copy the instant details, go to your lexicon and paste in the instant details, and delete all the extraneous information and hit enter.

I won't be surprised if there's an easier answer, but that at least works fairly straightforwardly.

The easiest and fasted way for me to get to a Greek Lexicon from a Strong's tagged text is to triple click the word in the Strong's text which will probably open Mounce or KM. I then triple click the entry in Mounce or KM and my preferred Greek or Hebrew lexicon entry comes up.

I hope this helps.

Ok, thanks for these tips! I've just posted a feature request, to make this process more straightforward.

Also, if you hold down the option key while choosing BDAG from the Amplify>Greek Tools menu on the Toolbar, you can go straight to the entry for the underlying Greek word from a key number text.

Lorinda