Accordance Trying to Recover Last Saved Session, But Crashes

JoshPannell

Accordance crashed on me. Whenever I try to open it Accordance crashes again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Accordance and it is still not working.

post-32218-0-20839200-1384977284_thumb.png

Josh,

Ick. Are you a new user/installer? Or do you mean, "It worked great yesterday and the last 5 months, but suddenly it now won't work"?

Or have you just upgraded something?

What is your system configuration?

A good thing to try is to trash your accordance preferences. Let me know if you need help with that.

I've been using Accordance for years. I have not updated recently.

What do you mean by "trash your accordance preferences"?

Edited by JoshPannell

Figuring out what's wrong is harder if you don't have something that triggered it, like I just updated to Mavericks or I just installed this utility, etc.

Have you restarted? sorry but, gotta ask. If a reboot doesn't fix, then I'd remove the preference files.

1. Quit Accordance
  2. Open your Library Folder. To do so, go to the Finder, and then hold down the option key while you select menu item: Go/Library
  3. Open the folder /Preferences
  4. Drag to the desktop the folder /Accordance Preferences (make sure it removed the folder from the Preferences folder, not just copying it)
  5. Also drag to the desktop the 2-4 pref files with names that start with com.OakTree
  6. Restart Accordance, which will recreate fresh preference files
  7. Report back if that helped
Edited by Joe Weaks

Went through this process, it is still crashing at startup with the same crash report being displayed.

Well, Josh, the next step will have been to reinstall which you said you've done.

So, I'm guessing the next step is to try to open it and get the crash, then open the application called Console, and see if there are any messages including a crash log and paste it here.

Josh, normally and OakTree staff would have already contacted you, but this is their busiest week of the year with the big professional conferences. I and other users always try and pitch in this week, but ain't perfect.

Have you tried moving the highlights file out of the way. It seems a bit prone to corruption preventing startup at times at least from what I've read.

BTW, you would naturally want to back it up first. It contains all your highlights. If moving it out of the way and then starting works then you'll want to restore a backup of it.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Josh... try calling tech support at 407-339-0266 during office hours (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM) Eastern Time Monday - Friday

If all the lines are busy... be sure and leave your name & phone number... your time zone... and a brief description of the help you need.
They can also be reached at: support@accordancebible.com

I have had this happen in the past and just went to an earlier saved session. That seemed to do the trick.