Problem opening accordance on migrated computer

marti

I just upgraded to a new Mac (yay!)...but since migrating my data i am no longer able to open accordance.

I did everything backwards...set up the new iMac and installed all my apps...and then used migration assistant to copy all my data to the new mac. I wished i hadn't done it that way now. It did something weird with the user accounts, removing the new one i had created and setting up the account from the old machine on the new one. I think this is the reason for my issue.

Anyway, now when trying to open Accordance it appears in the dock for a moment and then disappears. Looking in Console i see a message stating the following:

com.apple.launchd.persuer.501: (com.OakTree.Accordance.3728[957]) Exited with code: 217

I also tried opening Accordance from terminal with a "./accord &" in the Applications\Accordance.app\Contents\MacOS folder. I get the following output:

Martis-iMac:MacOS martiandkaz$ ./acord &

[1] 918

Martis-iMac:MacOS martiandkaz$ An unhandled exception occurred at $00059C72 :

EAccessViolation : Access violation

$00059C72

$0043DB36

$0043E398

$0043B662

[1]+ Exit 217 ./acord

I tried removing the Accordance app and re-installing it, but that didn't help. I also removed the Accordance Files folder from the user documents directory and tried to reinstall. Still no good.

Is there a way i can totally remove all remnants of the Accordance software and start from scratch??

Thanks,

-marti-

p.s. probably obvious that I am a windows guy rather than a mac guy...but i am enthusiastic to learn!!

Marti,

If you are familiar with terminal, etc. then the easiest fix is to reset permissions on the Accordance application support folder (<..>/Library/Application Support/Accordance)

From the Help: Version 10 Installation and Updates > Installation for Multiple Users > Installation and Setup of Accordance for Multiple Users)

Verify that only the Admin has permission to read/write to the Accordance folder, and set the appropriate permission, as follows:

Right-click on the Accordance folder and choose Get Info.

You can also choose Get Info on the Finder File menu.

Verify the appropriate permissions are set for this folder.

Use the Gear menu to assign Read/Write privileges to the Admin, and Read only to all other users.

If you want to start from scratch you can find a description of Accordance support file locations in the Help (Help Aids and Troubleshooting > Using the Finder with Accordance > Files in Accordance Folders > Installed Application Related Files):

On the Mac, there are two Library/Application Support folders. One is located on the top level of the hard disk, and one is located in the User folder.

• New installations place these files in the following folder: User/Library/Application Support/Accordance
  • If you have an old installation, these files may be stored in the following folder at the top level of your hard disk: Library/Application Support/Accordance.
  • If the Mac App version is installed, these files stored in the following folder: user/Library/Application Support/AccordanceMAS

You need to remove the following folders:

<..>/Library/Application Support/Accordance

<..>/Library/Application Support/Accordance/ Accordance Preferences

You should be able to remove the two folders and run Accordance to start from scratch with the Setup Assistant (download your content with Easy Install, etc.).

Mike