Workspaces

tcal1973

Whenever I open my Matthew workspace it opens at chapter 5. Wherever I was up to when I quit accordance, it still opens at 5. I have my settings for always opening at the last session, but it makes no difference. What can I do to stop this happening?

Tim

I have on occasion wondered what exactly is preserved of the state of the workspace when its saved. It would appear that the location of the text is saved. So it might be worth trying deliberately save the workspace before exiting and see if that helps. I am not sure you will be able to do this because I don't know if the File -> Save option will be active or greyed out just by moving the location in the text. I'm not near my Acc boxes right now to do the test myself.

I had a second thought on this also. If there is a search saved in the workspace it will be re-executed on reopening of the workspace. If you have such a seach say for Matt 5 in the search box try removing it and re-saving the s.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

What about the save session under File. What would that do?

"You can preserve an entire search or your current working set-up by saving all open independent workspaces, termed a session. When a session is reopened the workspaces open and are displayed in the same sizes and locations in which they were saved. In addition, searches defined in the Search Entry area of each open tab are automatically performed."

I am not sure if I am clear what Saving session does or what difference would be from saving the workspace.

Edited by davidmedina

Hi Tim,

go to preferences and change your General => Startup to "Default search tab" in the General area.

Let me know how you go.

David, the difference between a saved session and a saved workspace is that a saved session can include multiple workspaces.

Thanks Ken.

Would it have done what Tim was looking for? To bookmark the last place in your text? Or would it have to save the workspace before exiting? That in case that he wants to close the workspace and open it later to the same place.

Hi Daivd,

the saved workspace will not save where you might have browsed to in the text, only where your search is.

So if you search for Jon 4, and then save it, the next time you open the workspace it will take you to Jon 4. To change the saved workspace you would have to change the search, and then save the workspace again.

I'm confused here because whenever I save a workspace it saves it where I am in the text whether I have done a search, used the go to, or scrolled down to another point then saved. Am I missing something? Admittedly I often forget to save but that is a different issue!

I have a multi-tab Daily Reading workspace that I resave at the end of my session. It always opens back up where I left it. That and my Prayer Journal User Tool enable me to keep me track of where I am in my schedule. The ability to save a workspace is just one of the many things I love about Accordance.