This construct is linked with tabname message is incorrect

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

This happens 10.3.2 Mac and 10.3.3 Aleph on Windows.

If I open a Greek text - GNT-T and then Cmd/Ctl-2 to get a construct search tab open, the construct tab does not show the characteristic "This construct is linked with GNT-T". Instead it shows nothing. If I open another Greek text tab and open a new construct tab that tab shows "This construct is linked with GNT-T" which is incorrect because its linked to the GNT-T 2 or whatever the new tab happens to be. All subsequent Greek constructs for new Greek texts report this same linkage. If I choose an English text and do Cmd/Ctrl-1 I get a construct tab with no message. Then subsequent ones for that language report linkage to the first English tab.

Interestingly, if I save the workspace and close and reopen it the tab names and linkages match up.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Thanks for the report, Daniel! This should be fixed next rev. For the record, the text is merely helper text, not defining actual linkage. The actual searches are determined by which search text has the [LINK Construct] text.

Thanx Joel. Question for you. I believe you used to be able to click on the tab name in that message and choose a different one to link it to another tab. Am I just imagining things or was that possible ? It isn't working like that right now.

Thx

D

I'm pretty sure you are imagining that :) All clicking does is bring the linked tab to the front. The list comes up if you then retyped the Shift-Command-L to relink it, and you would then get a choice of which construct to link to. Recall, a search tab can link to a construct (many tabs in fact can link to the same construct), but a construct is merely the recipient of the link.

Ok thought I might be, UI does sometimes mean "User Imagination", after all :)

Thx

D