I'm trying to get my head around what these terms mean in the context of Accordance modules, and I've been going around in circles. From here (http://www.wisegeek....-morphology.htm) and here (http://linguistics.s...tax-and-grammar), I believe I have a grasp on the difference between morphology and syntax, but I am still flummoxed as to what these terms (and tagging) mean in Accordance.
- When an Accordance module is tagged, what does that mean exactly?
- When an Accordance module has a 'morphology,' what does that mean exactly?
- I believe that when an Accordance module has a 'syntax database,' that means that you can view diagrams of the verse/sentence structures. Is that correct?
And in particular:
- The Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia with Apparatus and tagging (http://www.accordanc...ails/?pid=BHS-T) states that it has 'Groves-Wheeler Westminster Hebrew Morphology 4.14'. What is the difference between it being tagged and having a 'morphology'? If it were tagged, but did not have the morphology, what would be missing in Instant Details?
- The BHS with Westminster Hebrew Morphology (http://www.accordanc...ils/?pid=BHS-W4) does not mention tagging, but when I hover over a word in this one, and a word in Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia with Apparatus and tagging that has tagging, Instant Details look identical for both.
- The Biblia Hebraica with Westminster Hebrew Morph 4 does mention tagging, but when hovering over words, the Instant Details appear almost identical as the other two, except I saw the '(Adjunct)' when hovering over the very first word in Genesis 1:1. If the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia with Apparatus and tagging has a morphology and is tagged, why doesn't it show '(Adjunct)' as well?
Thanks so much!