Toggle Page Numbers On and Off in Tools

R. Mansfield

I'd like to have the ability to toggle page numbers on and off in a tool, much like we can do with red lettering in New Testament texts. I think it should be both a global setting and one for individual titles. I'd probably leave page numbers on by default, but sometimes when I'm just reading, I'd like to be able simply to turn page numbering off so that it doesn't break the flow of my reading.

I can remember years ago when we begged for page numbers--and I still want and appreciate them. However, a toggle to make them appear and disappear as needed would be helpful.

What do others think?

• Like 1

I would rather have them than not, but the option to hide them might be nice.

It's a minor annoyance when having to copy and paste a quote, but I don't find that they get in the way when reading. It would be a nice feature, but nothing critical.

Garrett.

if you use the copy as citation option and you will get rid of the "in-text" page numbers and put it at the end in a citation format.

e.g.

'More important are the series of kings named in three monumental king lists of the 19th Dyn. (13th century B.C.).' “EGYPT, HISTORY OF.,” AYBD, 2:322.

or

'There is an important lesson to be learned here for those inclined to a triumphalism of an over-realized eschatology. Without question the kingdom [vol. 33A, p. 302] brought by Jesus involves the experience of wonderful things, even if one does not experience the more spectacular miracles mentioned in v 5.' Donald A. Hagner, Matthew 1–13 (WBC 33A; Accordance/Thomas Nelson electronic ed. Dallas: Word Books, 1993), 301-302.

Edited by Ken Simpson

This would be nice (as well as page numbers added to modules that lack them).

Garrett.

if you use the copy as citation option and you will get rid of the "in-text" page numbers and put it at the end in a citation format.

e.g.

'More important are the series of kings named in three monumental king lists of the 19th Dyn. (13th century B.C.).' “EGYPT, HISTORY OF.,” AYBD, 2:322.

or

'There is an important lesson to be learned here for those inclined to a triumphalism of an over-realized eschatology. Without question the kingdom [vol. 33A, p. 302] brought by Jesus involves the experience of wonderful things, even if one does not experience the more spectacular miracles mentioned in v 5.' Donald A. Hagner, Matthew 1–13 (WBC 33A; Accordance/Thomas Nelson electronic ed. Dallas: Word Books, 1993), 301-302.

Ken what you said about making the page numbers disappear in a citation is true, but they are replaced by a double space.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

This would be nice (as well as page numbers added to modules that lack them).

Do you have a specific module in mind? We add them to nearly all new releases, and have tried to hit the major ones in our library. We're also working on more. Let us know what you want and we'll work towards getting them added.

• Like 2

I remember running across something without page numbers in the last couple of months, but no idea now which tool it was. It's great to know they're being added!

I assume that, especially for some older works, there is a difficulty in relating a public domain electronic text to a print edition from which it may or may not have been derived (e.g., Athanasius). Am I right?

I do notice that Ross's Hebrew grammar has no page numbers.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that the Dictionary of Biblical Imagery is also without page numbers. Thanks!