Select words from .... popup appears on other screen

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I am using a two screen setup on Win 7. I have two workspaces open one on each screen. This second ws contains my BDAG window and I'll type in a Greek word into the search box and hit enter. If the "Select words from ..." pops up it pops up on the other screen. I then have to go to it over on that screen to refine my search and select what I want. It would be really nice if it could pop up on the screen where the search is entered.

thx

D

There is a Preference: General setting to confine amplifying to the same workspace. Does that help?

Hi Helen,

Just tried this but it made no difference.

I did another test also. I had though that this was a primary/secondary workspace related thing due to asymmetry between ws in windows.

So I swapped my WSs about so the primary was on the attached display and the secondary was on the main laptop display. I then did a search in the BDAG tab (now on the main laptop display), The popup then appeared on the main laptop display - thus over the BDAG WS. I then did a search in the attached monitor in a bible tab and again the popup appeared on the main laptop display. So I suspect this is not so much WS related as it is simply that the popup appears always on the main display. I don't have a dual monitor Mac setup so I could not see if the behaviour there is the same or not.

tx

D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya,

This is improved a bit in 10.3.4b3 but the pop now straddles the border between the two displays. There is a bug fix noted for 10.3.4b3:

• Fixed location of dialogs on secondary monitors

I assumed this meant this issue. If so then its still not quite there.

I also note that I did a quick test with the About Accordance image and it too straddles the screens. About the text appears right near the boundary of the two monitors but wholly within the main screen even though activated from the second. If these things are done from the main laptop screen they appear there as expected.

thx

D