Is this a bug? links of Mounce Greek Dictionary

davidmedina

I am watching Mounce Greek Primer videos and he is showing that in Accordance (9.5) that you are able to click on the GK number on the Mounce Greek Dictionary and it will perform a search for that key number in the Mounce NT. In my copy of Accordance 10.3.3 there are no links on any of the GK or Strong numbers the way is on his Accordance on the video.

Is this a bug or an issue with my Accordance or did it change in version 10?

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the videos but have a look at the bottom line of the dictionary entry and you'll see a hand with a pointing finger. There are links next to that to a number of texts. Mounce NT if you click on it will get you to Mounce NT doing a key search. ESV likewise but on a Strong's key. Sounds like it may have changed in 10 somewhen.

Thx

D

I meant the two GK and S reference at the top of each entry. I forgot to upload a screen capture. But I see what you mean. You are right. It did change in version 10. Now it gives you more options. Good.

post-32482-0-66222000-1388207734_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidmedina

We ended up editing the dictionary after the screen cast was recorded to include links to multiple Key Number texts, which as you found are accessed by the text abbreviations following the -> icon.

Thanks Rick. I think the new way work better as we have more immediate options from what I saw in the screencast.

Are those bibles hard wired or can we change the ones that will give us the results? That would be very nice if we could.

Thanks Rick. I think the new way work better as we have more immediate options from what I saw in the screencast.

Are those bibles hard wired or can we change the ones that will give us the results? That would be very nice if we could.

They are coded to specific Bibles that you cannot edit. However, they are exhaustive for every Key Number text currently available in Accordance. So, I do not understand the need to edit them.

Is not a big deal because they are just short cuts to simplify the search for us. Right now we have the options for Mounce, NIV, ESV, HCSB, NRSV, NKJV, KJV. It is already very comprehensive as to the major translations, but the only major translation missing is the NASB. I was just wondering if that there was a limit of 7 choices and we could determine which ones were included in those seven choices I would swap one for the NASB. Or to be able to add Spanish tagged versions. It hits gives more flexibility (sort of the Prioritization of resources in Logos)

But is not really a big deal because there is more than one way to do it. I believe I could do the same searches by selecting the word and then searching by Key number in the NASB.

Initially I excluded the NASB because it wasn't one we tagged, and includes its own dictionaries. But, now that I think more about it, it should be included. It's a pretty quick edit, so look for it in a future update.

As for Spanish texts, I hadn't really thought through it. Do you think it would be helpful? Why or why not?

Thanks Rick.

That's a good question. It would be good if other Spanish users chime in with more experience with Accordance.

In my case I study in English and but I teach in Spanish. I guess it would something more for convenience than necessity. I haven't had enough time using Accordance to conclude how useful it would be.

What I can think is that it would allow me to leverage from my English tools and get results in Spanish Bibles as I prepare to teach.

But like I said, take it with a grain of salt as I still learning Accordance so it may not be that important after all.