E-Library

As mentioned in another post, an I/O error occurs when adding text to a newly created User Note. This happens on both my Windows 7 64 computers. See the screenshot of the I/O Error.

In addition, the Help file for creating a User Note provides file locations that apply to the Mac version only. The file locations of User Notes for Accordance for Windows are not discussed. See the screenshot below.

David

post-32602-0-32442200-1388417533_thumb.jpg

post-32602-0-84298600-1388417533_thumb.jpg

I uninstalled Accordance and re-installed the latest version. No change. I still get the I/O error message each time I try to update the User Note. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Windows 7 64 SP1

AMD Phenom II X2 (X4 unlocked) 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz AM3 Processor - C3 Revision

8 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

Tried it on 10.3.3.1 and 10.3.4 Aleph with a new note and added edited it and typed a few lines and saved it ok.

My win config is in my sig. below.

Have you tried creating a new note and seeing if it has the same issue ? Your post above reads like you did but the other thread you linked to perhaps not ..

Tx

D

Hi David,

Tried it on 10.3.3.1 and 10.3.4 Aleph with a new note and added edited it and typed a few lines and saved it ok.

My win config is in my sig. below.

Have you tried creating a new note and seeing if it has the same issue ? Your post above reads like you did but the other thread you linked to perhaps not ..

Tx

D

Hey Daniel,

Yeah, I tried the update button on several new User Notes. For whatever reason, the program thinks my AppData folder is at a different partition (my F:\ drive) and not on the OS primary partition. But the note files are supposed to be in My Documents, correct? The Help system in Accordance does not provide that information for Windows systems.

Which Windows OS are you using?

David

Man that's irritating. I forgot the OSs on my signature. Added them in.

Anyhow Win 7 64 bit SP1.

Notes files are in My Documents/Accordance Files/User Notes

Thx

D

Had a quick look and this looks like a temp file. I know that on Mac that updates are written to a temporary file and then when you hit save or update they get copied over the original file name - or at least that's an approximation of what happens. In your case it looks like the temp file has gone walkies leading to an IO from windows which I'm guessing is this: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND The system cannot find the path specified. 3 (0x3). I don't know how this works on windows - whether unsaved edits would cause this or not. Have you cleaned the temp dir recently perhaps ?

Thx

D

Daniel, thanks for looking into this further. I solved my problem - partially anyways.

Accordance for Windows is expecting the My Documents folder location to be on the primary OS C:\ drive. While it may be true that Windows OS (XP, 7, 8, 8.1) creates this folder by default at the primary OS C:/ partition, the My Documents folder does not have to reside at that location. In fact, Microsoft allows the user to move certain folders to another location. See the screenshot.

Accordance, please re-consider how the program determines where My Documents is located. Current implementation puts an artificial limitation for the user.

I can now update the user notes. Interesting though, I can no longer view the sample notes that came with the initial Accordance installation.

Edit: I will see if my issue is resolved on my other computer later this week. Attached screenshot.

thanks,

David

post-32602-0-18436000-1388601559_thumb.jpg

Edited by David_Bailey

Hey David,

I was wondering if you might have moved your docs folder or something like that.

I agree it would be good for Accordance to support this Windows feature of moving user directories.

Given that modules can be large it would be good if Windows supported moving ProgramData too but that's a different issue.

Thx

D

Hey David,

I was wondering if you might have moved your docs folder or something like that.

I agree it would be good for Accordance to support this Windows feature of moving user directories.

Given that modules can be large it would be good if Windows supported moving ProgramData too but that's a different issue.

Thx

D

Just an update: I can use and update User Notes in Accordance on my desktop as well. Just make sure you have My Documents on the primary OS drive (usually designated C:\).