#1 Lance

Lance

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

I couldn't think of a better title, probably due to my lack of geekery. But to explain what I'm after ...

I use notes a lot, and I frequently include cross-references to other scripture passages in what I write. Very often, I want to be able to add a matching cross-reference in the other direction, on the fly.

e.g. this morning I was reading Gen 3, and noted a thematic connection between Gen 3:22 and Rev 22:2. Yes, I could quickly create a hyperlink to Rev 22:2 within my note to Gen 3:22. But the only way I could also add a link to Gen 3:22 in a note to Rev 22:2 was to get out of the note edit window > back to my text window / tab (or open a new one) > search to Rev 22 > edit user note > switch back to my original Gen 3 tab ... etc.

It would have been hugely more efficient if I had say a context menu command (or keyboard shortcut) that would instantly create a reciprocal hyperlink in a note to Rev 22:2, without me needing to exit my Gen 3:22 note edit window.

I imagine this proposed feature would require the further feature of making hyperlinks within user note edit windows 'live' (which in itself would also be good).

Blessings!
Lance <º))><

MBP late-2011 (10.9), iPhone 4, iPad 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notes, hyperlinks, cross-references

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users