Comprehensive Bible Cross References

Julia Falling

Hey –

Do you own this group of resources? How useful do you find it? I am not an academic or a scholar, but am very interested in textual criticism, versions, & theology. I have (and use) all the Greek NT apparatus Accordance offers. I do a lot of version comparison (and have concluded that they all have their warts). I know this package includes another version of the NT, which would be useful, but I think the Notes module might be very useful, too.

Thanks for the input.

P.S. Correction — I did own the Tischendorf Apparatus. Accordance graciously allowed me to return it. My Latin was far too rusty for it to be useful to me. If the Latin in ever translated into English, I'll gladly purchase repurchase it!

Edited by Julie Falling

Hi Julie,

CNT is not a critical apparatus in any form. It is some very interesting reflections on similar passages and ideas within the Biblical and fairly extensive non-Biblical sources. I use it on occasions to start my reading more widely on particular sections of a text.

While the main portion of the work which we have marketed is the cross-reference index to other major works (DSS, Josephus, Philo, AF, etc.), this group of resources also includes a translation of the NT with textual notes (CNT and CNT Notes). The translation was intended to be an exact translation of the NA27/UBS4, and be at a readability scale accessible by the majority of the church (i.e. not scholars).

Here's a shot of Mark 1:

post-5629-0-06145100-1389156803_thumb.png

Thanks, guys. Looks very useful. I have most of the resources to which it links, too. Now the question is whether to add it to my wish list or just take the plunge.