Using the Accordance BibleArt Module to Dress Up My IPAD Air

R. Mansfield

This is probably not the ideal forum for this post, but although there's a "Mainly Macintosh" forum and a "Windows Wisdom" forum, there's not an "Ideas for iOS" forum.

This is the third time I've used an image from Accordance to dress up one of my devices. In this case, I scanned through the Accordance Gallery of Bible Art to find the just right image for my recently acquired iPad Air.

I selected the Tower of Babel painting by Pieter Brugel the Elder, a Flemish Renaissance painter who lived from 1520 (or 25) to 1569. This is a fascinating painting to study or just to get lost in all the details. See the Wikipedia page here and also check out the incredible detail that can be seen in a massive 30,000 x 21,952 jpeg. There's also a short Khan Academy video describing the painting and its history.

Anyway, here are a few shots of the iPad Air dressed in Brugel's Tower of Babel. The iPad Air is connected to the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

The skin was custom made from an image I uploaded to DecalGirl.

• Like 2

Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing this. I had no idea such services existed.

Matt

It's like "tattoos for your tech," but the nice thing is that if you decide you don't like it, they come off pretty easily (as opposed to a real tattoo). I've got my MacBook Pro, Surface Pro, and my iPad Air covered with images.

• Like 1

This is really cool, Rick!

These are not protective at all, right?

EDIT: I mean to ask--they are not as protective as a hard plastic backing would be? Can a smart cover still go on?

Yes, you can still use these with a smart cover.

They protect from scratches, but not from dents if you drop it.

Thanks! I looked more at the site, and the idea of a matching wallpaper that they give you is pretty cool, too.

Yes, I did that with the Microsoft Surface. This is the angelic host destroying Sennacherib's army in 2 Kings 19 by Peter Paul Rubens:

IMG_4411.jpg

I chose this image primarily for the back of the screen because of the Surface kickstand. I wanted something that had an image of action going on both above and below. Since the image is split in the middle because of the kickstand, it creates visual movement on the back of the Surface:

IMG_4416.jpg

• Like 1