Two finger scrolling with touchpad...

Joshua Smith

I cannot do two finger scrolling in any window using my touchpad. All I get is the small scrolling icon by the mouse pointer as in all other programs, but nothing happens. Two finger scrolling works in any other program.

Is anyone else having a problem with this? Apologies if this has already been mentioned or discussed.

Thanks,

Josh

Accordance 10.3.4.2

8.1 Pro

Thinkpad Yoga

Josh,

two finger scrolling is not implemented yet. For now, there is a basic one finger scroll.

Orly,

Thanks for the response. I'll stop trying to make it scroll then!

All of you have made some great strides for the Windows version. It's coming together nicely.

Josh

• 2 months later...

I cannot scroll with two fingers on the track pad either. But this is a recent issue as just last week I was scrolling fine. I'm running Accordance 10.4.1. on a Surface Pro 128, with the MS Type 2 cover. I should mention that scrolling with one finger on the touch screen works beautifully.

• 1 month later...

It's a long story but I'm the recent (and very reluctant) owner of a windows computer. Accordance seems to work perfectly so far except for this small but really annoying issue. If I happen to forgot my usb mouse, there is a lot of weeping and teeth gnashing... Not really but it is frustrating.

Is this a major/difficult issue to surmount? Are there any plans to knock this little issue out?

Thanks,

from a sad windows user...

• 7 months later...

I realize that I'm reviving an old thread here, but I wanted to know if there are any improvements to touchpad scrolling, which at least on my setup is still broken.

Happy New Year

Josh

8.1 Pro - Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

• 2 weeks later...

I know absolutely nothing about programming but this is (apparently) a very difficult issue to fix. In response to another question I posted on this issue, Joel (I think) mentioned that the vast number different manufacturers makes a universal solution significantly tricky. That doesn't help, I know.

• 2 weeks later...

This is weird, either I don't understand what this is or I'm unique; my two finger scrolling works great on Accordance 11.0.3 on Yosemite.

They're talking about Windows issues.

Sorry, clicked into the wrong forum section. :)

• 3 months later...

But, rpavich, thank you for the painful reminder...  :D  :lol:

• 2 months later...

I still have the problem but now on another Windows machine. Touch scrolling on the screen works well, however. Still, I'm really hoping to figure out a way to make this work as I can't live without scrolling in Accordance, and my portable is a Windows setup.

Edited by Mark Nigro

Not sure. There are some sections I can't scroll, but most works fine.

Since upgrading to 10 last night I had to update my touchpad driver and it's now working fine (and can even reverse scroll - almost like my Mac of old!).

So unless that's a possibility I really have no idea. 

[Not a techie sorry]

To be specific, what happens is the text in Accordance will skip or "jump" upwards slowly and latently in chunks, only after I stop the scrolling gesture and have removed my fingers from the touch pad. This happens regardless of the direction I'm scrolling in. It's not that it doesn't move at all, I just have no control over how it moves. It will not move downwards.

My touchpad drivers are up to date and it's actually an impressive "Mac-like" touch pad. Everything works extremely fluidly and responsively otherwise.

If it helps the research, my machine is a brand new Dell Inspiron 13 inch 2-in-1 7352, with Core i7 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, touchscreen.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting discovery today, which may shed some light on the trackpad scrolling problem.

If I magnify a zone in my workspace, scrolling works PERFECTLY in any and all of the panes opened in that particular zone, whether bible texts, lexicons or commentaries etc.

But...as soon as I reduce the zone to its normal size in the workspace, the problem returns and I am unable to scroll as described above in my last post.

I can reproduce this and wonder if this is the case for others with Windows machines who have the trackpad scrolling issue?

Really hoping we can get this resolved soon.

Edited by Mark Nigro

• 2 months later...

So so sooooo thankful to see this problem fixed in the newest update of Accordance for Windows. Scrolling now works flawlessly (and beautifully).

Looking forward to exploring all the other improvements as well, but this one caught my attention immediately!

Thank you again, Accordance developers!