User Interface Tweaks
Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:22 AM
- When I have multiple translations in different panes, each has a close button, a translation dropdown, and bigger/smaller font buttons. The problem is that there are dividers between those three above a given translation, but not dividers between the transations. As a result, it's a bit hard to make out which goes to which. It looks like the font buttons for one go with the close button for the next, since there's no divider between them. It might look better to only have dividers between the panes, and not between individual buttons.
- When editing user notes, it would be great to be able to edit them in place in a pane in a main window, instead of having to open up a sub-window. One reason for this, if nothing else, is that it keeps all your other panes visible, so you can consult them as you type.
Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:51 PM
The separators on either side of the Display text pop-up menu are merely intended to demarkate the target area for the pop-up, not necessarily to separate each control or to mark off the panes. I can see how if you focus on the separators it could look as if the text size buttons belong together with the close button of the next pane over, but it's the location of the controls directly above each pane which indicates which control belongs to which pane.
As for the ability to edit notes directly within a pane, we've had numerous requests for that, but there are technical and design reasons for using a separate Edit window for user notes. However, we will be releasing Accordance 7.1 in a couple of weeks for free download, and that version includes several enhancements to the way the User Note edit window works:
1. The Edit window will open in the top right corner of the screen, rather than smack-dab in the middle of your other windows.
2. You can move or resize the Edit window and Accordance will forever afterward keep it in that size and location.
3. One Edit window will be opened per User Notes file, so you can leave it open and edit or create multiple notes without opening numerous Edit windows.
Hope this helps.
Feet to Follow, Eyes to See
Macs in the Ministry
Leader of the "Lang Gang"
Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:47 PM
Edited by Josh Justice, 02 December 2006 - 07:47 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users