ReSize Instant Details Box?

Enoch

On older versions of Acc one could drag the Instant Details window to whatever size you wanted. Now it seems frozen in one size & shape. With the font at the size I want it, part of the text may be cut off, as when one hovers over a verse in a Lexicon & wants to see the verse in the ID box.

Is there a way to resize this box?

There are a couple of buttons on the instant details pane, one of which will detach the instant details from the rest of the workspace. If you detach it, you can then resize it however you like.

post-30744-0-53309200-1392700177_thumb.png

Edited by JonathanHuber

Within the workspace you can drag the horizontal line at the top of the Instant Detail, to make it as deep as you want. In vertical display you can vary the width. Also, an option-click on the word creates a popover that is adapted to the amount of text shown and is scrollable if needed.

Thanks for the responses. Helen, your suggestion on the horizontal line, seems the easiest for me to use. Unless I have missed something, to get the ID window to act the way it used to act, now requires a lot of repetitive work: one must first send the window to the side (vertical orientation), then play with it at length to size it like it used to be sized at the bottom. Wouldn't it be better to allow one to merely drag a right bottom tag on the window as it initially appears at the bottom? I need to try your popover method (if I may have butter & strawberry jam with it).

The old way is to detach it as Jonathan suggested. The only problem is that one must do it each time if you close it, but if you keep it open or re-detach it, it should remember size and position.

I have been unable to detach without first changing it to side/vertical orientation. That puts the window in a shape I don't want. So to get it wide, but not very high, I have to do a lot of pulling on it.

You should be able to detach the ID window without changing the orientation. If ID is on the bottom of the workspace, does the detach button (pictured in my first response above) not work or are you not able to see it? It's the bottom button and sometimes obscured, so you might have to drag the divider up a bit higher (as Helen described above) in order to see the detach button.

Edited by JonathanHuber

Thanks a lot. In minimal size, that detach button is not visible. I had to pull the window up first.