Accordance listed as "Using Significant Energy"

T. Conrad

Hi there,

Just noticed that the Accordance app is being reported as using significant energy by the OS.

On a 2013 MBA 13".

[EDIT: Nevermind!!! I just realized that I've had Easy Install running the whole time.... What a noob I am...]

Edited by T. Conrad

hehehehehehehe

You are just lucky you are running accordance and not another Bible software, which does use tons of resources even when doing nothing....

-Dan

• Like 1

Too true. So glad I made the right choice.

I use both, indeed I use four regularly.... The one mentioned above is fine, not as stable as I would like but it works and has it;s massive library to choose out of, you just realize what a gem Accordance is. One I use is nothing more than a windows program running under crossover and lately not too successfully. The choice level I spoke of in some ways is less important because with what Accordance has now and has let loose is coming I could be happy enough with Accordance only, in a couple of years when things are released.

-Dan

Wow. I hope you get to that point. I've only really had experience with Accordance, haven't really put Bibleworks, Logos, or any of the Olivetree software through their paces. And luckily, I just don't the kind of cash-flow to 'max-out' my modules. So, I've been pretty happy with I have.

Sometimes that cliché really is true, "Less is more"!

I have wordsearch and in it i have it primarily for feasting on the word original Interpreter's Bible, New Oxford Annotated Bible, 4th and have added one two resources there too that came up at a super price. Olivetree has been the mobile software I have used since about 2002. Logos has numerous titles I use everyday, in several cases had I known Accordance would be getting works I would have likely bought them in Accordance but many of the items that have come available in Accordance I had already owned for years in Logos. One Olivetree title i recently purchased that is in Accordance is simple because when it came out in september I couldn't afford it, but NIC came on sale at Olivetree to a price last month and decided to get it since I wasn't expecting Accordance to offer it again at their introductory price.

For me I could live with only the following:

Word Biblical Commentary

New Interpreter's Bible

Interpretation

Westminster Bible Commentary

Barclay's New Testament Commentary

For Everyone series (Wright, Goldingay).

Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture

Now thankfully most of these items are in Accordance or coming.

-Dan

PS: But that being said I do not own all these in Accordance and there is no way I know of to transfer ownership to Accordance so I am using other software.

Edited by Dan Francis

That's a solid list.

I've been seriously considering saving up and waiting for a good sale on both the ACCS and For Everyone. However, I did just bite-the-bullet to get a new MacBook Air, so they will have to wait another year or so... I bought the WBC set on a great sale a couple years ago and love it, though I think it's still missing a few volumes (probably haven't even been made yet... I haven't looked much into it).

At this point, I have the monumental challenge of actually regularly using all the modules I currently own. That would require digging in to both Greek and Hebrew grammars, among other things. So, I believe I'll have enough to keep me busy until I can afford to add to the collection again. :)

God bless man,

Tim

• Like 1

Good point, Tim--it seems like every week I find things (i.e., modules) in Accordance that I either haven't used or have under-utilized. Lots of good stuff here.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...