Keyboard Shortcuts for Prior/Next arrows in tools

BrianBowman

Please add keyboard shortcuts corresponding to the Prior/Next link navigation in Accordance Tools (i.e. as determined by the "Prior/Next" arrows near the bottom right-hand side of Tool windows).

• 2 weeks later...

We have used all the command keys and many of the option-command keys. We reserve shift-commands for search commands, so there is hardly anything left. If you can suggest a suitable combination, and if there is interest from others.....

...and if there is interest from others.....

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestion to make as to what the best key combination could be. But one thing I do know, and that is that this shortcut would be one of the most frequently used by me. I have often thought (but probably failed to request it) that it would be wonderful to have a shortcut for the "Prior/Next" arrows, since I use them a lot. So I gladly second Brian's suggestion.

Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestion to make as to what the best key combination could be. But one thing I do know, and that is that this shortcut would be one of the most frequently used by me. I have often thought ...........

I'd suggest using any appropriate keyboard shortcut utility, 'Keyboard & Mouse' System Preference, iKey or another to redefine any keyboard shortcut into the one you prefer. I'm sure that Ruben and I would choose different keyboard shortcuts for different actions. Why bother OakTree? Simply redefine or modify the command to work the way you like. iKey and others are context sensitive so that the new shortcut will only work in certain applications, windows, etc. This allows keyboard shortcuts to be very individualized. These utilities don't actually change Accordance, they simply intercept the Accordance command by the custom user one. I've even noticed that I've changed my mind thru the years on which shortcut I like for some actions.

http://www.scriptsoftware.com/ikey/

Other posts:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/inde...=99&hl=ikey

This doesn't address Brian's and Rub

Many graphics programs, such as Adobe Photoshop offer the ability to change, add or delete keyboard shortcuts. Is this something that can be implemented in Accordance?

• 3 weeks later...
We have used all the command keys and many of the option-command keys. We reserve shift-commands for search commands, so there is hardly anything left. If you can suggest a suitable combination, and if there is interest from others.....

How about Command-Left Arrow and Command-Right Arrow?

How about Command-Left Arrow and Command-Right Arrow?

These were recently used to bring the cursor to the beginning or end of the line.

... then how about Command/Shift-Left Arrow and Command/Shift-Right Arrow?

Archived