Greek Keys

rcdeacon

I tried to use the Dake Study Bible on my iPad mini at church last night. I went to 1 Cor. 13:4 using the KJVS text and the secondary window had the Dake Study Bible. One of the first notes in the Dake Study Bible on this verse was a link to the Greek word G0026. It is a hyperlinked word but when I clicked on it I got the error message "This hyperlink cannot be shown because the module "Greek Keys" is not installed". I have tried in vain to find a module entitled "Greek Keys" (perhaps it is actually called something else). Can someone help me find out what module "Greek Keys" is as it is related to the Dake Study Bible then maybe I can find out if I have it in my library? I would like to have the capability to use the hyperlink in the Dakes.

Bob

Greek Keys is here

However, this is an old, deprecated module. It is not available in Easy Install. Our default Greek dictionary shipped now is Mounce Greek Dictionary. The way these links in tools are developed is that they are hard coded to specific modules. The unfortunate downside to this is that when modules are deprecated this kind of thing can happen. We're implementing ways to fix this in the desktop app, but I'm not familiar enough with the iOS development to say one way or the other for it.

Unfortunately the ability to drag and select text is currently not possible in the iOS app. It is, however, being developed and is a high priority. Once that is available you could select the text G0026 and then amplify to whatever Greek dictionary/lexicon you desire.

Thank you Graham. That explains why I couldn't find it in my library or in the store! My best bet might just be to be patient for these things have a way or working themselves out over time. Thanks again.

Bob

An update to the Dake Notes which addresses this issue is now available through the "Check for Updates" option in Accordance. The new version is 2.4.

Thanks, Mark!

Dake was my very first study Bible. I got is as a present on my twelfth birthday. I still remember it fondly and, yes, I own it in Accordance.

• Like 1