Can't move a user note tab to another zone

timk

Hello All,

After updating to 10.4, I find that I can't drag and drop a user note tab from one zone to another. I can drag and drop other tabs around, but not the user tab. (see attached picture)

Am I missing something?

post-32775-0-69309700-1394714533_thumb.jpg

Hi ya,

It seems to be working fine for me on Windows. I can drag and drop a notes tab into its own zone or into an existing zone, or just relocate it so the layout is different.

Is this Mac or win and are you doing anything specific (I know that sounds a bit vague) when you are testing this ?

Thx

D

In the above picture you've opened the user note in a parallel pane, not its own tab. That is why you cannot move it from one place to another. If you open your user notes from the library and then tie it to the bible tab of your choice you can move the notes wherever you would like and it will scroll along with your text.

Ooops - missed that in the image but I see it now.

thx

D

Hello Graham, thanks for replying. I guess the problem I am trying to solve is that whenever I try to edit user note by using the command-t shortcut, it calls up a parallel pane along with the text ~ it does not matter if I already have an user note open in the adjacent tab and tied to the text. see new attached pic.

I'd rather not have the user in the same zone/tab with the text, for obvious real estate reason.

thanks

post-32775-0-16888400-1394792400_thumb.jpg

Edited by timk

Command-t does not open the edit window – it opens the window to Set Text Display. Command-u opens the edit window that allows you to edit an existing note or add a new note.

Hi timk,

There is a preference to control the opening of a parallel pane when editing a note. Its under Preferences-> User Files and is called "Open parallel pane when editing". If you uncheck that it will stop opening a new pane and you can manually open a tab and place it where you want. Does that help ?

Thx

D