Multiple Bible Versions in one Pane?

Dutchgreen

For years I've used BibleWorks for text study and Logos for reference and research using commentaries and journals. I'm looking at Accordance to see if I can use it for both. In BibleWorks you select various Bible translations to display, one of which is your primary. It then allows you to toggle between a pane with a single verse in multiple translations, and a pane with displaying that verse within the context of the primary translation. I use NASB as my primary and Greek, Net, Young's Literal, and one or two others as secondary. My question is whether or not it's possible to similarly display one verse in multiple translations within a single Accordance pane. I've set up four panes in Accordance, each with one Bible version, three on the top and one on the bottom. Is there another way to better visualize multiple translations at once?

Thanks.

There is a little button next to Add Parallel that lets you switch all the panes to horizontal. We call that the BibleWorks view. However, you won't be able to do everything in Accordance the same way as you are used to. Accordance "thinks different." It takes a while to get used to a very different way of doing things. Please watch the podcasts, check the Help, and ask lots of questions here on the Forums, and give yourself time.

Dutchgreen, this is probably the view you are looking for. Use the button that Helen referred to above. I created a screen using the versions you mentioned. How does this look?

Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 1.37.22 PM.png

Thank you two very much. You've well answered my question and I'm sure I can work with that type of set up. Oddly, that "BibleWorks view" as you call it has been my main concern. I've grown used to it and some other BibleWorks features, much more so than anything in Logos.

Greetings Dutchgreen,

And, Welcome to the Accordance Forums!

Like you I migrated to Accordance after being a BibleWorks user for a number of years. The different way of thinking that Helen mentions is an important one. If, you haven't done so already I would encourage you to view the following podcast:

http://www.accordancefiles2.com/podcasts/p16_accordancephilosophy.m4v

Edited by bkMitchell