Hyperlink destination cannot be found in NKJVS

Tony Lawrence

I encountered a new dialog box this morning when trying to look up all occurrences of a word in a specific translation, NKJVS. Here is what I did.

1. I went to Num. 12:1.

2. I triple clicked on "Ethiopian" in the NKJVS text.

3. When it opened KM Hebrew dictionary I clicked the NKJVS hyperlink below the definition.

4. Normally this would open another pane with all the occurrences of this original word in the NKJVS, but this time produced an error with a dialog box.

I do know that I can find this by doing a search on the Key Number, but I have often found I like to use the hyperlink feature in the KM Hebrew Dictionary. All the hyperlinked translations render the same error except the NIV leading me to believe it is a G/K vs. Strong's problem.

Screen shot is attached.

post-29479-0-37491200-1395667333_thumb.png

Well, the good news is that in most articles these links do work, just the ones in this and the subsequent article seem to fail.

I encountered a new dialog box this morning when trying to look up all occurrences of a word in a specific translation, NKJVS. Here is what I did.

1. I went to Num. 12:1.

2. I triple clicked on "Ethiopian" in the NKJVS text.

3. When it opened KM Hebrew dictionary I clicked the NKJVS hyperlink below the definition.

4. Normally this would open another pane with all the occurrences of this original word in the NKJVS, but this time produced an error with a dialog box.

I do know that I can find this by doing a search on the Key Number, but I have often found I like to use the hyperlink feature in the KM Hebrew Dictionary. All the hyperlinked translations render the same error except the NIV leading me to believe it is a G/K vs. Strong's problem.

Screen shot is attached.

Thanks for the report. We'll correct the bad link.

This is a new dialogue that we introduced to try and give more information on why a link might return invalid. As we go back and correct links in modules (which we are actively doing with new debug procedures) this will become less of an issue. The dialogue was primarily written to address cases where a destination may be found in an updated version of a module, e.g. NICNT > NICNT-18. In that example going to the NICNT product page on our website would indicate that there is an update available to a new version with more content, which may be the reason for the bad link. We know the dialogue isn't comprehensive for all types of errors, but felt it was better than what would previously be displayed.