Ignatius Bible

tcal1973

Any chance of getting the ignatiius study bible on accordance? I nearly bought the whole set the other day, and it's a really good Catholic resource, but I held back as I'd rather have it on accordance....

Tim

We can look into it, but it would be more appealing if it was complete.

could start with the New Testament which has all been published? The Catholic resources on accordance qua scripture are a bit limited - good having the catechism etc, but it would make accordance a much better sell to Catholics to have up to date commentaries - not out of date things like the jerome commentary either!

Thanks

There have been a couple threads requesting Catholic resources, and we're certainly in support of that. But, there are logistic issues with offering incomplete resources. Plus, we do already have the Catholic Study Bible, NABRE, and NJB. So we do at least have some representative resources for Catholic Bibles and Study Bible notes.

Others are free to chime in on this particular resource as well.

Thanks for the request and feedback.

Yes they are ok but this is something a lot of Catholics want to have, and it's a pretty major work of catholic scholars much more than the other study bibles you mention. and it would save buying it and having to use it in parallel to accordance. Aren't the NICNT and the NICOT incomplete - there are quite a few not written yet - or am I out of date on that?

Thanks

Yes they are ok but this is something a lot of Catholics want to have, and it's a pretty major work of catholic scholars much more than the other study bibles you mention. and it would save buying it and having to use it in parallel to accordance. Aren't the NICNT and the NICOT incomplete - there are quite a few not written yet - or am I out of date on that?

Thanks

So far this is the first request I recall seeing for this resource. As mentioned above, we're open to hearing additional feedback from users in favor of it.

Yes, we do have other incomplete resources, but I can't recall a study Bible that is incomplete; this is missing all but 3 books of the Old Testament.

As far as I know the Ignatius Study Bible itself is complete. I have a hard copy of it. It looks like the booklet format is new and is the thing that is not complete. Tim do you know if the booklets actually contain new material ? Personally I'd like to see the RSV-CE text (http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12147), (the Ignatius Bible is an example) in Acc. Having the SB as well would also be handy.

OK I've been corrected - the print edition we have is only NT. So yep incomplete.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

I just saw (again) that the other much longer thread on Catholic Resources did request this title previously. My apologies for overlooking that. The discussion there tended to focus on other resources, but there were a few other requests for this.

This is a great study Bible. I would love to have it in Accordance.

we do already have the Catholic Study Bible, NABRE, and NJB.

Rick

Has any work been done to obtain the notes for NJB. Currently Accordance only has the text. It would be great to have the NJB notes.

• Like 1