Accordance Exchange Questions

Dr. Nathan Parker

I have a few quick questions about the Accordance Exchange as I get started downloading files from it:

1. Is there an RSS feed that could alert me when new files are posted to the Exchange, or do I just need to check the home periodically to download new files?

2. Can User Texts and User Tools from the Exchange sync with the iOS apps?

3. Are some of the older Workspaces on there incompatible with Accordance 10?

Thanks!

1) Not that I know of, but when the exchange is updated, Ken tells us on the forums here.

2)They are all iOS compatible that I know of... they must be installed via sync (under Accordance) then select sync in the iOS app.

3) Newer workspaces will not work in older versions but I have yet to encounter a work space that a newer version can not use.. but I have not downloaded all of them.

-Dan

Hmm...an rss feed is a good idea. However, the traffic on the Exchange is not exactly huge. Not sure if it would be worth the extra effort to set it up, I will look into it.

Re Workspaces. The workspaces are forward compatible provided you have the modules that the workspaces use. They won't open if you don't. They won't hurt anything, they just won't open.

Sounds good about the RSS feed. Would be great. Sounds good about the workspaces as well. I'll try them.

I'll also do an iOS sync with the user tools. Will that disrupt the order I've arranged my other modules already in iOS?

Thanks!

That's a really good question. I must admit (to my embarrassment) that I am not sure. I'll see if I can find out.

The sync affects the order of new modules only, it will never disrupt an arrangement that you already have.

Excellent! Thanks a bunch for the info! I'll go ahead and sync them soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand how to do a sync with the accordance exchange modules. Can you please give me exact directions? Thanks

You simply download, unstuff, and open the modules from the Exchange (unless there are other specific directions). The Windows Accordance does not yet sync to anything.