Not Enough Space to Move Tab Warning

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

A typical workspace setup for me is two zones side by side, with the left-hand zone wider than the right. Frequently when I amplify to a resource or hit command-N for a new search tab, a third zone appears on the right, below the original right-hand zone. If I have the instant details window open (as part of the workspace, along the bottom, not a separate floating palette), and then try to move the newly created tab in the bottom right zone to the top right zone, I will be told that there is not enough space for the tab to be moved. This makes no sense, as there is already a tab of the same size in the zone I'm moving to, and the zone will actually expand vertically because the bottom zone will disappear. If I close Instant details, I can move the tab with no difficulties.

This is happening on my Mac (OS 10.9.2) I can't remember if it also happens on my Windows Vista installation, and I'm not at the church to check on that today, but I will try to do so and report back.

Lorinda

Hi Lorinda,

I encountered the same issue and a simple way for me to fix the issue was to just expand my right-hand zone a bit and then drag the newly created tab in the bottom right zone to the top right zone. You can then expand the left-hand zone back again if you need to.

Ryan

Ryan,

Thanks. That works for me sometimes, but it didn't today. Today all that worked was turning off Instant Details. In any event, I have a work-around, but I thought I should report the issue.

Lorinda