Search All Display of Results

Steve Loosley

I defined a "search group" that searches across all of my Hebrew resources (KB, Waltlke, NIDOTTE, etc). When I select a verse and click search, I get a search page as expected; however, some of the times are in English and some are in Hebrew.

The items in English, I can read, but the items in Hebrew are not displayed with the appropriate font. They look like this: aAvVrey aRvRr a0VRr aDvAr.

Is there any way to make the search results appear so that I have an idea what they mean?

Thanks!

Steve

Thanks for the great upgrade team Accordance!! The new Quartz smoothing is wonderful.

Regarding the fonts in a search display

Steve,

The issue you're running into was only partially fixed with version 6.6.

In previous versions of Accordance, the Results pane of the Search All window only displayed the language that you searched. Thus, if you searched your Hebrew tools for an English word, it would display the titles of each article in an English font, even in cases like KB and BDB, where the article titles are in Hebrew. Version 6.6 fixed this problem, so that now Greek and Hebrew entries display correctly.

There are, however, a few tools like NIDNTT and NIDOTTE which have both English and Hebrew or Greek entries. For those tools, the Search All window does not distinguish between the two kinds of article titles. Thus, you're still getting a few English titles displayed in a Hebrew font, which is why you're getting the blank characters in Hebrew. Hopefully we'll get that problem fixed in a future update. The good news is that this only effects a couple of Greek and Hebrew tools.

Archived