How to Re-attach Instant Details

Enoch

After a recent "upgrade" of Accordance, I found that the Instant Details pane was attached to the text window(s) above, attached at the bottom. Eventually I got it loose, as in previous Accordance editions. But now I can't find a way to re-attach it. I have searched Accordance help; I have poked every icon in the I.D. pane. I have examined I.D. preferences -- all to no avail.

How do I reattach Instant Details?

Tnx in advance for ur help.

Try closing the window and then re-opening it from either the Toolbar or Windows menu.

Thanks for the suggestion. It spontaneously reattached before I read you post, but I didn't know why. But yes, it reattached after I closed something and reopened. I still don't understand the system. There must be some way to detach and reattach. Or is it that after one detaches, it spontaneously reattaches after closing and reopening? What is the official way to detach?

Edited by Enoch

Hey Enoch,

As I far as I know detaching is achieved in one of two ways. Hit the lowest icon in the image I have attached. It should be on the left hand side of the ID pane in Mac. It will disappear from the icons once detached.

post-32023-0-42493300-1400082261_thumb.jpg

The other way is to click and hold over an item in the text. This is controlled by a preference. If you have an attached ID when you do this it will go away in favour of the popover version.

Reattaching does not appear to be by dragging for redocking as far as I could tell. But if you close the ID popover and then reopen ID - tool bar, key shortcut etc. then it will reattach.

Some in you original post caught my eye though :

"I found that the Instant Details pane was attached to the text window(s) above, attached at the bottom."

I've only ever seen ID on the bottom or to the right, never at the top. That I don't know how to do. Did I misread this sentence and you meant something else ?

Also check out file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/using_insdet_palette.htm?Highlight=instant%20details but it does not explicitly describe reattach procedure.

Thx

D

Thanks Daniel for your continual helpful replies.

LOL. No, I don't know any way to attach to the top. Let me clarify that sentence, what I meant was:

"I found that the Instant Details pane was attached to the text window, which is above instant details, which are attached at the bottom of the text window."

Now that is a mouthful.

Indeed it is :)