Highlights searching

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,927 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

Enter [STYLE *] (or replace the * with a specific highlight style)  in the Research Search Entry box and limit your search to "English" and "Commentaries. Accordance will find all your highlights.

Note: Research now marks the last character of the paragraph in which the text is highlighted as a hit, not the highlighted text itself. Use" Open" to dis[play the paragraph with the Highlight.

Simply clicking on "More" expands the context, but does so in the Research tab, which does not currently display highlights.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#22 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

I'm afraid this will be of no help as it will fetch all highlights throughout the commentary. And I have hundreds of highlights in several commentaries. I need highlights only for Psalm 22. Is there a way to filter out only those?

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(MacBook Pro 15.4" retina (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. OS X Yosemite, Accordance 11) 

#23 rpavich

rpavich

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

I'm afraid this will be of no help as it will fetch all highlights throughout the commentary. And I have hundreds of highlights in several commentaries. I need highlights only for Psalm 22. Is there a way to filter out only those?

After you search and have "hits" isn't there a command to search through just THOSE hits?

I thought that there was.

And PS: once you find them..it might be a good idea to highlight them with some unique highlight while you are working with them...something you wouldn't use on anything else. Something specific to that passage.

Edited by rpavich, 23 March 2015 - 12:42 PM.

Macbook Pro Retina 15"

Yosemite 10.10.2

iPad IOS 8.02

Accordance 10.0.4

#24 rpavich

rpavich

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

I highlighted two words in a commentary, then I searched for that highlight style; then searched the resulting hits for the words and it seemed to work.

Would this approach work for you?

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 1.43.01 PM.png   621.51KB   0 downloads

Edited by rpavich, 23 March 2015 - 12:49 PM.

Macbook Pro Retina 15"

Yosemite 10.10.2

iPad IOS 8.02

Accordance 10.0.4

#25 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,927 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

I'm afraid not, Guntis, as you would then be searching two separate data fields simultaneously. That isn't currently possible, though we have discussed adding it sometime in the future.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users