Paul and Union With Christ - Missing Scripture Index

sfarson

Recently purchased the book Paul and Union With Christ.

I have access to the paperback version and was looking forward to taking advantage of the Accordance version so I could go to the scripture index at the back/end of the book, see all the references to a Bible verse, and immediately click and go to that location in the book. But this section is missing in the book. The bibliography is there, so is the subject and author indices, along with the footnotes, but the scripture index in the paperback version of the book is not in the Accordance version.

Is this an oversight? Or, would its inclusion somehow miss with the Accordance way of doing things?

Thanks, Steve

All you have to do is a search in the scripture field for what/whichever particular verse/s you're looking for.

post-30445-0-02047600-1399921398_thumb.png

You can then cycle through the results with the Mk button.

post-30445-0-65468300-1399921485_thumb.png

Edited by Graham Buck
  • Like 1

Navigating the scripture index via the page numbers will get you to that page where the scripture reference is mentioned, but will still leave it to you to locate the reference in question within that page. Doing a search as mentioned above will take you to the exact location and highlight the reference, making it far easier a process.

• Like 1

OK, thanks! I tried the scripture search before leaving the forum post, and it wasn't working, but now I see I was typing in a verse reference I was sure was in the book, but wasn't! Retried with a different verse and it worked great.

Unless I'm missing something, it still seems to me that an electronic book should have the index in the paper edition. Sometimes one just wants to scan the index to see if an author wrote about a particular reference.

It's so easy to search for the reference (use an = sign to specify the verse rather than a reference range which includes it). Conversely, it's a LOT of work to create a useful index which accurately links each entry back to the pages or entries in the module. Without such links the index is not very useful. This is why we have not historically included indices in our modules.