Crash with attempted NRSV update

prmills

When I tried to update the various modules, the program would crash.

Phil

Phil – Accordance crashed on both my MBA and Mac mini with the update process, but the NRSV did update. I restored to last session and all seems well.

I tried this just now and it crashed also. The module update log is interesting :

Version 10.4.2.5540 5/25/2014 6:02 AM

The module “NRSV Notes” has been updated from version 1.4 to 1.4.
The module “Hebrew Strong’s” has been updated from version 2.5 to 2.6.

The NRSVS did not update, and the notes apparently updated without a version change.

A second attempt shows :

Version 10.4.2.5540 5/25/2014 6:06 AM

The module “NRSV Notes” has been updated from version 1.4 to 1.4.
The module “NRSVS” has been updated from version 2.3 to 2.4.

But it still crashed doing the update but it did update and checking the module info shows the right version.

The system console shows these messages for the two occurrences :

5/25/14 6:02:43.000 AM kernel[0]: Data/Stack execution not permitted: acord[pid 281] at virtual address 0xb95000, protections were read-write
5/25/14 6:02:43.153 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[210]: ([0x0-0x13013].com.OakTree.Accordance[281]) Exited with code: 217

5/25/14 6:06:30.000 AM kernel[0]: Data/Stack execution not permitted: acord[pid 6046] at virtual address 0xb99000, protections were read-write
5/25/14 6:06:30.768 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[210]: (com.OakTree.Accordance.46672[6046]) Exited with code: 217

Same sort of failure on Windows too. Took two goes to update NRSVS there also. Interestingly here the Module Information Log updates does not mention the NRSVS:

Version 10.4.2.5544 5/25/2014 6:20 AM

The module ÒNRSV NotesÓ has been updated from version 1.4 to 1.4.
The module ÒHebrew StrongÕsÓ has been updated from version 2.5 to 2.6.

Version 10.4.2.5544 5/25/2014 6:34 AM

The module ÒNRSV NotesÓ has been updated from version 1.4 to 1.4.

and the same curious NRSV Notes 1.4 to 1.4 message.

But my NRSVS does show 2.4 and Check for Content updates shows nothing more to update.

Thx

D

Ditto. Accordance did not restart after install. Upon manual restarted I was informed it crashed. Reran the update and had none.

I've got similar situation in a new Windows install. When trying to update modules, the NRSVS will not install. After attempting this multiple times, the same thing happens: I try to download the NRSVS. There's no gradual status bar to indicate download (there probably was the first time). It just immediately jumps to the dialogue box that says "Click Install to finish the upgrade process." When I try that, I get a quickly moving status bar that begins and repeats over and over. The program essentially hangs and I have to force it to quit.

Any ideas are appreciated.

I experienced the crash, too, on a Mac. It did install, but it took a couple of crash-restart cycles.

Had a similar problem.

Had three updates to install NRSVS, NRSV and HMT-W4

Had to run it three times. Each time it crashed but one of the modules was loaded in the order HMT-W4 then NRSV then NRSVS

Rick, you might try copying the NRSVS module from Mac to PC. That should work. At that point Easy Install/Update shouldn't try to install it anymore. I didn't have to do this myself but I was not doing a new install but I did have to make two attempts.

Thx
D

I experienced the crash, too, on a Mac. It did install, but it took a couple of crash-restart cycles.

Same here Jonathan.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy