Windows two-finger scrolling

ryangeer

I posted this question in the Windows bug forum but I haven't seen anything on it. It's not a huge deal but two finger scrolling isn't working on my built in track pad. I think this is a known issue but have no idea how big an issue it is to fix it. It's a minor bug but it is like a continual dripping of water... Any word?

• Like 1

Ryan, we've done a metric ton of research on these, even talking with the folks at Microsoft. Any two-finger scrolling on a track pad is a driver issue, dependent on the manufacturer of the keyboard. In the case of the Surface Pro and its Type Cover, they are aware of incompatibilities and problems with certain APIs that Accordance is using. So, until they decide to fix some issues on their end, there isn't much we can do right now. Scrolling should work just fine on the screen itself, and it will also work if you use a 3rd party keyboard, but on the Type Cover, it is essentially in their hands.

Sorry for the not-so-great news! I know the frustration myself, as I use a Surface Pro 2.

I had the original Surface Pro, and the trackpad really stunk on it. I hear that the new Surface Pro 3 has a much improved trackpad. When I had my SP, I carried a little MS Wedge Mouse with me. It was small enough to carry in my pocket, and it allowed scrolling. As far as I remember, it worked fine in Accordance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Joel and Rick. Here's hoping I can return to the mac fold soon.

• Like 2

I've been using the Logitech Ultrathin T630 mouse with my Acer R7. It's the closest thing to Apple's Magic Mouse I've found for Windows and the scrolling is pretty smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Does any of you know whether two-finger scrolling for Accordance works any better in the Surface Pro 3?