Scripture link in Notes

Thomas

I. I had to make a separate Note file for working within the PSEUD modules. You can't use Notes between corpora?

II. "The User Notes hyperlink reference cannot be found"

The reference is indeed to a different corpus, but I'm not able to follow the instructions of "click on the main reference of the note to open a Text window. Then change the "Text order" popup menu to the desired text."

Does this mean simply: There's no way to link from the module you're in to the module you've referenced because they are in two separate corpora. You need to open your reference in a separate module and navigate to the desired verse manually.

In the attached example, you can see that I have a link from Sibylline 2:113 to Hebrews 4:12. I was hoping to see the Heb. 4:12 text in the instant details window.

Best,

post-1078-1165474614_thumb.png

Yes, you must have separate notes for each corpus (be thankful that you can even attach notes to non-Biblical materials!).

The instant details will only show the verses in that same corpus, there is no way around that.

What the dialog is suggesting is that you open a Text window. If your Notes were in their own window you could click on the Reference to Sibylline 2:113 and it would open that window, but since they are in a pane of a Search window, it just scrolls the window. However, if you click in the main text pane and click the Context button in the Resource palette (the scroll with arrows) this will open a Text window. (Pressing command as you do this will make it a separate window which you can move to the side of your workspace.)

The Text window shows PSEUD-E, of course, but you can reset the text pop-up menu to a Bible text, unclick Show all text if you want, and keep the window open.

Now you can click any scripture link in your Notes and see the verses in that window. Don't forget that you can save the session and reopen it if these seems a hassle to set up each time.

Of course this also works between other copora. We used to recommend it also for tools that are set to the GNT-T, for example, and have a reference to the LXX, or to the Apocrypha, but now, for tools, you can set a secondary default Bible text in Set Tool Display which takes care of most of these cases.

I hope this helps.

Archived