Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

I am NOT a heavy IOS user at this point mainly due to the shortcomings of iaccord. I find myself in the same position as David Medina in that the Logos IOS version is vastly superior with the exception of easily getting word definitions. The long tap on a word in Accordance IOS is superior! Hopefully V2 leaves that feature intact. Here's to looking for V2!

Edited by Bob Deacon, 07 January 2015 - 06:24 AM.

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

MacBook Pro

Yosemite

Accordance 11

#22 ukfraser

ukfraser

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

Poor app developers.

We all have different needs and ways of working. When i was on android, i just used youvision.

On the ipad i have too many bible apps and have also tried and deleted loads. While iaccordance has its shortcomings, i have only used accordance for my library so its still my number one go to app. I have the logos and a few books in my library but havent found it to be significantly better, for example having two reference docs scrolling in parallel as it just seems to crash, but having said that, i havent fully explored it as it seems very clunky. But i certainly havent invested in library content i know that others have so don't have the need to.

I still keep using apple's notes as i have all my conference and meetings in there as well as thoughts on passages or preparation for services. Basic but effective.

I suspect that most people develop their workflows around the shortcomings of their preferred app. And its such a joy when you find the perfect app that meets your needs in a way you like to work.

Edited by ukfraser, 07 January 2015 - 08:38 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 8 and 1x on iOS 7, occasionally accordance 11x on mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#23 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

Need to add something else to the "wish" list. This may have already been mentioned or perhaps I need additional instruction but when making a user note on IOS If there is a Biblical reference you cannot turn it into a link! Currently I have to sync, go to the note on my MacBook Pro and turn it into a link!

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

MacBook Pro

Yosemite

Accordance 11

#24 zcostilla

zcostilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

I am a heavy user n the sense I use it every day.  I do most of my sermon preparations on it, except my final drafts, because I want the precision of a keyboard for typing.  Even then, I have Accordance open on both my iPad and my Mac.  I this the Strong's use is actually EASIER on the iOS app, as it is a simple long press.

I wish there was a true Greek-English interlinear.  I am not a Greek scholar, and therefore do not have the full Greek modules. But the Strong's has the limitation of not conjugating the words.  I use my KJV-Steven's (with Elzevir's renderings) printed interlinear as a resource because of this.  If I could get that on my iPad, it would be great for the times I travel.

I also would like the capability to create an alternating line interlinear with any two versions.  I also use my Spanish text alongside my English KJV, but having them in two panels isn't nearly as helpful.  However, if the app allowed users to create an alternating line interlinear, I would buy the Greek texts.

I also have a wish that isn't iOS specific: The works of B. H. Carroll.  He was a great Man of God, and a prominent theologian in his day.  Some of his works are even public domain (i.e. A Study on Romans).  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users