• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Could you please make this book as Accordance module?

"The Story File: 1,001 Contemporary Illustrations for Speakers, Writers and Preachers"

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1565638484/

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(MacBook Pro 15.4" retina (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. OS X Yosemite, Accordance 11) 

#2 sfarson

sfarson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Agree.  They aren't many illustration resources here.

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,372 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

I'm not sure of the availability or status of your desired book, Guntis (not my department!), but we do have 1001 Illustrations that Connect.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,160 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

Guntis, I checked this book on Amazon to see if there was a Kindle edition available. There is not. Generally, if there is a Kindle edition, we know there is an e-text out there somewhere. Without it, we have to run the book through an OCR and then correct it. I won't say we have never done this, but we really prefer not to. It's just not worth it unless there is a huge demand for the resource.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.4

#5 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Guntis, I checked this book on Amazon to see if there was a Kindle edition available. There is not. Generally, if there is a Kindle edition, we know there is an e-text out there somewhere. Without it, we have to run the book through an OCR and then correct it. I won't say we have never done this, but we really prefer not to. It's just not worth it unless there is a huge demand for the resource.

Timothy, Amazon web site says: "The CD-ROM contains over 1,001 illustrations that can be sorted by category, topic, or scripture verse." If they sell this book with the CD-ROM, it means that they have some sort of e-text available. Maybe not the easiest way to retrieve it, but much better than doing OCR.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(MacBook Pro 15.4" retina (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. OS X Yosemite, Accordance 11) 

#6 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

I also looked at the link and since it comes with a CD I would assume there would be an etext. The preview seems to indicate that.

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#7 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,160 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Sorry, guys, I totally missed the fact that it can with a CD-ROM. Looks like it sorts the illustrations into a searchable database, too. I'd guess that means an e-text exists.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.4

#8 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

I think I'd agree with sfarson, current preaching sale notwithstanding. However, at the risk of sounding preachy (har har), I have been struck recently by the power of illustrations that come from the preacher's own life and observations, as opposed to just "canned" ones. Not that I don't use the "canned" ones at times, too! But my own expanding User Tool for illustrations has already been proving useful, even though I just started it about a month ago.

I know that's a bit OT from the OP, but it's worth consideration, I think.
Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

Accordance 11 on Yosemite: early 2008 iMac / late 2008 MacBook
Latest iAccord on latest iOS on iPad mini

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users