Bug with Display Text

Randy Steffens Jr

When I enter a verse reference in the search bar, and move the context slider all the way to the left to show only the desired verse with no context, if I then change the search text (like from NIV to KJV), I am taken to Gen 1:1. This does not happen if the context slider is all the way to the right. But it still happens even if the context slider is set to show 9 verses. It also does not happen if I change display text, it only happens for search text.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Thanks!

Randy

Edited by Randy Steffens Jr

Hi Randy,

If I'm understanding you correctly then no I cannot repro. this.

I selected ESVS and had the context at 0 and searched for Dan 3:3 and ran that. One verse came up.

Changed the search text to KJVS and it showed Dan 3:3 there too.

It also seemed ok with parallel texts.

Is it perhaps peculiar to NIV or the verse you searched for ? I don't know the NIV but are there cases where a verse ref in it is not in the KJV ?

Thx

D

Thanks Daniel, it still happens to me.

When I Search Dan 3:3 in ESVS, my context slider automatically moves to show all the Bible.

I manually move the context slider to show only one verse.

Now change the search version to KJVS.

I am taken to Gen 1:1.

Replicable for you?

Randy – I gave it a try and still ended up at Dan 3:3. Where are your Preferences set as far as context goes? Show all, or single verse? Mine are set to single verse.

I wondered if this might be the issue. I generally run with the Search Tab preferences set to no automatic context and context set to None. So when I do a search I get only what I search on. If I want more I add it by moving the slider. In that configuration this does not behave as yours does. But if I change the two prefs : Add context -> All and Add automatic context -> checked, then I can repro. what you see.

Thx

D

Yep, it's a bug with the "Add Automatic Context" box in preferences!

My preferences are:

"Add Automatic Context" box: checked

"Add Context" drop down menu: none

When the "Add Automatic Context" box is unchecked, there's no problem. When it's checked, I get the bug.

Anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Randy