Update Error

prmills

I am unable to update, I keep getting a message, "Internet connection timed out - process cancelled."

I have rebooted, restarted the program, but nothing changes.

Hmm, it's working fine for me across the pond. We switched servers lat night, but as I said, here it's working. Anyone else report one way or the other?

When do you see the error message?

We are posting a lot of reformatting updates to the modules, nothing urgent but there are a lot of them.

Receiving same timeout air. I'm here in Ohio.

I also rebooted, re-checked firewall settings, etc. Assumed it was a server issue.

Joseph

Having the same problem in Texas. On multiple computers. Update begins, but after downloading a few of the updates, I get a connection time-out and then no future update attempts work. Just keep getting a "internet connection timed out" error.

To be clear, this impacts content updates. The app update worked fine.

post-29765-0-31437100-1405697658_thumb.png

Edited by VBVM

Same here in Vienna!

If you have the problem, please tun a Trace route to http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/

The instructions for running a trace route are here: https://kb.mediatemp…6/Using+the+traceroute+command.

Please send me a PM or email with the results.

Helen,

Run trace route

Safari can't open page because server where page is located is not responding

Instruction for trace route...

Bad Request - Invalid Hostname

HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid.

I am in Canada with a relatively slow connection with high latency (satellite) thankfully I am not experiencing problems so it would seem ones connection speed may not be the case. I apologize for reporting no problem but I thought due to my slow connection it might be helpful to know.

-Dan

We have enough information now, and are working with the hosts of our servers to resolve the issues. Thank you for your patience.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please update to the latest version of Accordance (10.4.3.2 as of this post) and try again. Thanks for your patience!

Joel, I can't update the program. The update process times out (same as the content update). I went to the download area of your website to download 10.4.3.2 manually, but that's not working either. I click on the download link, but the page just times out. Something is amiss with your update server I think.

FWIW, I had no problem with the inline update of the program (Mac). I also tried the download from the website & had no problem downloading the installer for the Mac version. The server is working with my ISP.

FWIW, I had no problem with the inline update of the program (Mac). I also tried the download from the website & had no problem downloading the installer for the Mac version. The server is working with my ISP.

Same goes for me.

I'm not able to get 10.4.3.2 at all. I'm getting timeouts in both Accordance's built in updater and downloading via Safari.

I'll be sending a trace route to accordance1.com shortly.

I'm not able to get 10.4.3.2 at all. I'm getting timeouts in both Accordance's built in updater and downloading via Safari.

I'll be sending a trace route to accordance1.com shortly.

My connection problem has cleared up. Shortly after noticing this problem, I lost the ability to connect to the Dominos Pizza server (right in the middle of waiting for lunch). Both cleared up at about the same time, so it may have been a problem with Comcast.

Thanks for reporting that.

iOS users may still experience problems updating modules directly, until the app is updated with the new code.

• Like 1

People who are unable to download the update to 10.4.3.2 due to "internet timeout" can now use the alternate files/server posted on the Accordance Program Downloads page.

Both Mac and Windows installers are posted, but the Windows is a .zip file which needs to be extracted and run manually.

• 5 weeks later...

I am actually having this issue right now on multiple computers. I have some modules that I need to install using easy install, and I own the Mac App Store version of Accordance. When I sign in, I can see all of my purchases. When I go to download them, I get a "internet Connection timed out" error. Sometimes it will let me download one or two if I do them individually, but eventually it will error out. Again this issue is reproducible on multiple computers. They are both running OS 10.9.4 with Accordance version 10.4.3. I tried downloading the 10.4.3.2 update from the link, but 1) nothing happens when I click on it and 2) the Mac App Store version should receive its updates through the App Store, not through a separate download.

Please advise.

jsenders: are you selecting the alternate link for the download? The problem is that your IP is blocked due to failed logins by the current version, and the alternate link will bypass that. However, switching to the website version is not so easy, and it's true that the AppStore version has not yet been updated to 10.4.3.2, and I am not sure why.

I believe we are simply waiting for Apple's approval of the update.

jsenders: are you selecting the alternate link for the download? The problem is that your IP is blocked due to failed logins by the current version, and the alternate link will bypass that. However, switching to the website version is not so easy, and it's true that the AppStore version has not yet been updated to 10.4.3.2, and I am not sure why.

Right, I wasn't really looking to find how to install the version directly from Accordance... I figured there would be an App Store update, since admin Joel Brown posted above on July 18th that 10.4.3.2 was available for direct download and it has been over a month since then with no update.

So 1) any way to get that update up on the Mac App Store version? I would think that is kind of important. and 2) it sounds like you are saying 10.4.3.2 will definitely fix this issue?

I believe we are simply waiting for Apple's approval of the update.

Sorry Joel, didn't see the second page. So nothing I can do in the meantime?

Any download issues should be resolved after a day or so, as long as you only use 10.4.3.2 (non-Mac App Store) for your downloads. For the Mac App Store, unfortunately there is nothing to do but wait for Apple.

Any download issues should be resolved after a day or so, as long as you only use 10.4.3.2 (non-Mac App Store) for your downloads. For the Mac App Store, unfortunately there is nothing to do but wait for Apple.

Thanks. It's helpful to know at least that the update has been submitted to Apple and is forthcoming.