using the 2 WBC modules as default commentaries

Anthony Sepulveda

[Windows version]

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble configuring the WBC-OT and WBC-NT to work as my default commentaries for the Bible texts.

In the library, I put WBC-OT and WBC-NT (in that order) as the first two modules under "Reference Tools".

Now, when I go to, say John 15:13, when I triple-click on the verse reference, the WBC-OT opens, but to a place that simply refers to the verse (or even broader, the first hit is a reference to chapters 14-17). I was expecting it to open WBC-NT, directly where the commentary to the verse is.

However, when I Ctrl-Hover over the verse references, I get the desired result (WBC-NT on John 15:13).

How do I configure these two modules so that the commentary shows when I triple-click?

Thanks,

--anthony

WBC is written in a bit of a strange format where each section/pericope has an Introduction, Translation, Verse by Verse commentary, and then is followed by an Explanation that recaps the entire section. This could be the issue.

Yeah, could be that. But I what I'm not sure about is whether a triple-click on the verse reference should show the same information as the Ctrl+hover (or Ctrl+prolonged click) on the verse reference; well, at least that's how it worked when I was using the Tyndale commentary as the default.

But I'm still without a solution, though.

Thanks,

--anthony

I may be wrong on this but my understanding is that Accordance will try to find the reference in the first commentary in the list. Only when it does not find a reference does it go to the second commentary set in your list. I can't confirm your situation because I do not have access to my laptop at the moment.

In this case as it has found a reference in WBC OT it will not then try to find it in WBC NT - even if the reference is 'better' in the NT. I do not think Accordance treats these as one set as far as triple click is concerned - but I may be wrong.

Hi Steve,

Yes, I thought that was the case with the triple-click as well. What I'm wondering now is how to make the triple-click work like Ctrl-Hover or Ctrl-ClickAndHold on the John 15:13 verse reference, which "knows" how to skip WBC-OT (although it has 1 broad reference) and went straight to the commentary in WBC-NT.

Thanks,

--anthony

This should be improved in the next version of Accordance, so the Command/Ctrl-Hover and Triple Click work a bit more similarly.

Hi Joel,

Great! So it's not a configuration problem on my part, after all.

Thank you very much.