Jewish Annotated New Testament: Search by Sidebars, etc.?

Abram K-J

In the Table of Contents to the print version of the Jewish Annotated New Testament there is a page that lists all "Maps, Charts, Sidebar Essays, and Diagrams" in one place.

I don't own the module in Accordance, so can't check this, but am interested in knowing--using Accordance, is there a way to easily drill down to just this material in a search? I see a contents browser listing (in the product page image) with "Maps, Charts, Sidebar Essays, and Diagrams"--is this hyperlinked to the individual entries?

Or, if not, would using a "Title" or "Entry" search field successfully get one those portions of the resource?

They are all hyperlinked to their respective title.

• Like 1

Additionally, if you cared, any of the items in that list which are not images are marked in the title field. The images can be searched through the caption field.

• Like 1

Of course, I care! :)

Got the module last night while it was still on sale. Looks great.

I honestly think the essays are worth the price of admission, even not on sale. The study notes are icing on the cake.

Any of the projects that Professor Marc Brettler of Brandeis University is involved with are always high quality scholarly endeavors. Others include the Oxford Jewish Study Bible (available as an accordance module) and The NEW Oxford Annotated Bible. I would also highly recommend his volume entitled: How to Read the Bible. IMHO, the scholarship is impeccable and he is wonderful at explaning very difficult material in clear and lucid manner.

• Like 1

Great essays in Jewish study bible as well.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

The 'in text' essays as well as the essays are now listedand linked in the contents in this second version of the jewish annotated study bible now available along with the second version of the jewish study bible.

The 'in text' are also placed in the notes rather than being at the back of the biblical book.

This is all very well structured in this edition. Many thanks to all the hard work.

post-31185-0-26151000-1551126195_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1