Page Numbers in Accordance Tools

Helen Brown

Oh my...the BAR Archive does not have page numbering either? Now how am I supposed to cite these journal articles in an academic paper? ...unless you're saying BAR is not worth citing academically...

I think any journal module set should have their page numbering intact, if they are to truly serve for academic research and publication.

Thanks.

It just means that when we released this (over 10 years ago) the files we received from the publisher did not include page numbers and we have not gone back to add them. We can add it to the to-do list, but I don't know how soon we can get to it.

As far as citing academically, you can substitute the page number for the 'location' or paragraph number, or even a section title. See your specified manual of style.

Thanks for the feedback.

In this case they'd want the page numbers to be specified, just as the other citations.

Anyway, I'll try and look for a workaround, in the meantime...

I have a question in relation to this topic: Would it be possible to have the volume number of multivolume works shown in the top left corner besides the page number? It seems that Accordance has chosen to hide the volume info for dictionaries like TDOT, while it is made visible in the Table of Contents for other works like Anchor Bible Dictionary. 

Is it not correct that the only way to reveal the volume number in the case of TDOT is by copy as citation?

It would be a nice thing to has the info shown in Table of Contents or besides page numbers.

Morten

Just realized, that the volume info actually also is present in the in-text page-info. So there you have it as well.

Morten

• 3 years later...

How does one navigate to the page number in a multi-volume work? I'm in the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew, trying to get to vol 6 p 596. The search entry box offers a "Page Numbers" search type, but if I enter 596, it takes me to vol 1 p. 596. The page references I see in the work are of the form [Vol. 6, p. 576], but if I enter a ref in this form, I'm told, "The command Vol is misspelled or is not a legal function."

Punctuation in the page number field needs to be replaced with an asterisk with a space on each side. So:

vol * 6 * p * 596

• Like 4

Bravo! Thank you for the incantation! 

Does the documentation call this out somewhere? I couldn't find it.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a little cryptic for sure. I'll check the documentation. If it's not there, I'll definitely add it.

• Like 1