2 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Pribbenow

Brad Pribbenow

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

I have created a User Tool from some of my lecture notes. I am now going through the User Tool I've created to correct the formatting of the tool. When I try to save (update) my work I get the following error:

"Make the title a separate paragraph before the rest of the text" (see screen shot attached to this post)

I cannot seem to get to the bottom of this problem. You can see (from the screen shot) that when this error window pops up it also highlights a portion of the tool content (this same portion of the tool content always gets highlighted when I try to save/update). I'm not sure why or what it means.

As a secondary question, how do I edit the "layer" labels (not sure what these are technically called) on the left side of the screen. If I hover over the red numbers I only see a "T", which I assume means "title". Is there instructions in the Accordance Help on how to edit the User Tools?

Attached Files

Edited by Brad Pribbenow, 26 August 2014 - 10:05 AM.

Accordance 11.0.4
Macbook OS X 10.10.2

2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 
Professor of Old Testament
Lutheran Brethren Seminary (lbs.edu)
Fergus Falls, MN

Ph.D. Student, Biblical Studies (Old Testament)-ABD
Concordia Seminary
St. Louis, MO

#2 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

The T, 1, 2, etc on the left are heading levels. The warning happens because you have a heading marker next to a paragraph that is too long. I'm not at my computer at the moment, but the Accordance help should tell you more about editing User Tools.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 8 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#3 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans, Reformers and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hello, Brad:

The Title or subtitles can only be 128 characters long. Just like a book, the titles are expected to be rather short and a separate paragraph from the rest of the work. Think of the titles as headings.

On the second question, you can decrease the hierarchy to a subtitle by clicking on the red T while holding the OPT key. Like wise you can increase the hierarchy from holding down the OPT & SHIFT keys while clicking on the 1 or 2 or etc.

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users