What do I do about Bonjour? Mac & iOS devices won't sync.

Julia Falling

Hey – I upgraded to iOS 8. I've had some odd behavior out of a few apps that I expect will be corrected over the next couple of weeks with some updates. The only one that really bothers me is Accordance. If I try to sync with mobile device from my Mac, it will see the device (either iPad or iPhone). When told to Connect, the little spinning thingy persists. If I click on Connect again, I get this error message.

post-330-0-58091400-1411331655_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? Is anyone else having a problem? I don't dare do any syncing from DropBox. It messes up either OS device, Mac, or both.

Thanks.

Accordance 10.4.3.2

Mac OS 10.9.5 on

mid-2013 MBA

1.7 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB RAM

iPhone 5s & iPad Air

iAcc 1.7.5

iOS 8

• Like 1

Julie, I can tell you that yesterday, I used Mobile Sync to install all my modules from my MacBook Pro running Yosemite to my new iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8, and it all worked like a charm with no error messages. I don't mean to insult you with the question, but have you tried after restarting both devices?

I had rebooted my Mac last night. I rebooted both iOS devices just now. Then my Mac did not see them at all. I checked to make sure everything was on the same network (we have a guest network as well as the one we use). All are on the same network. So I toggled the wi-fi on the MacBook Air off and back on. Now everything works. I don't know why the toggling was necessary, but the machines didn't see each other until I did it.

Thanks. I'm not insulted. Grateful!

My husband got an iPhone 6. Big. The 6+ must be huge. What do you think of it so far? It's said to have pretty impressive battery life.

Battery life is better. I'm at 41% right now, and it's been unplugged from the charger for exactly 11 hours. That's pretty good based on my normal results.

I really like the larger screen. I'd been using a Nokia Lumia Icon the past few weeks to see if I'd prefer a larger screen, and I definitely do. Here's Accordance on the 6 Plus:

ip6pacc.JPG

I ran into that error once after the iOS update but restarted everything and haven't seen it since. The latest release version of iAccord is working nicely on iOS8.

Jonathan – Glad I'm not the only one but happier still that we're up and running. I'll know what to do next time.

Rick – Thanks for the picture. I hadn't even thought of the advantages of Accordance on a larger phone. That is indeed a nice extra. Pretty impressive battery performance, too. The 6 feels big in my hand, and for a relatively small woman, I have a fairly broad palm and long fingers. I'm not sure a larger device would work for me. Well, not due for an upgrade for a year, so that decision can be set aside for now.

My wife, Kathy, got the regular iPhone 6. She's still undecided about the size. She says that if they had offered an iPhone with all the same new technology in the 4" size, she would have preferred to have had that. But she may feel differently after she gets used to it.

I cannot easily text with one hand on the 6 Plus. That's really the only disadvantage I've run into so far.

Rick – I'll be interested to hear how Kathy feels about her phone after living with it for a while.

We stagger our upgrades so we don't have as large an outlay at one time. It kinda happened accidentally, but I like it that way. By the time I upgrade, there will be a larger selection of cases available, too.

Nice one Rick. That's what I'm waiting for the Acc Android version for. I use a Samsung Note III. I've always used large smart phones. One of the key reasons I didn't want an iPhone was it was just too small.

Thx

D

One of the key reasons I didn't want an iPhone was it was just too small.

Now you can consider an iPhone and have a mobile version of Accordance right now ;-)

• Like 1

A 6+ at 300 versus a Note III at 0, albeit refurb, would be hard to justify. I've only had the Note III a few months.

And it would eat into my Acc habit. :)

Thx

D